OEM Alpine amp power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice job on the plug!!

So I bit on a pretty good deal on a brand new AC D6.1200. Looks like I'm taking the back seat out again lol. Probably take it out shortly and just leave it out till everything is complete at this point. I'm going to have to run two more pair of RCAs and pull the 4ga for 1/0 - bahhhhh

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to handle the speaker leads - probably have to buy some 9 conductor speedwire and run two pair up to the factory amp and splice the correct wires.

Think this is the best route?

I reached out to Molex on Friday and sent them pics of the plug - I'm hoping they have a male version - that would allow me to make a t-harness to just split the signals where needed.

Yeah sounds like a great plan!
Amps going on back wall? I gotta see where im gonna mount my alpine, i think it will fit just behind the sub on the floor.

I finally replaced the center dash speaker, still cant believe how much better swapping them out sounds. I just ordered a set of 6x9 infinity prius for the rears, they sound so muddy also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just to revive this. I've found that that the alpine amp for the 9.1 setup is 506W and actually a 12 channel amp. It only uses 11 of these channels - 9 speaker channels and 2 channels for the factory sub.

It's reasonable to assume the sub is taking up 100-150w so math would tell me on the high end that the factory speakers are receiving approx. 35-45w / ea.

I'm certain that going to the D6.1200 is gonna be a HUUUUUUUUGE difference. Just going to have to be careful to set the gains to match the channels they are on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished doing the big three and the d6.1200 showed up today. I'll be doing my best to get this all wrapped up this weekend if all goes well. I'll get some pics of the big three and start a new thread maybe tomorrow if I feel up to it. Pretty wiped out.

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aftermarket is always the way to go. You will get louder, cleaner sound and have much more control of the freqs

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aftermarket is always the way to go. You will get louder, cleaner sound and have much more control of the freqs

Agreed and this D6.1200 has a whole lot to offer being able to tune with a 30 band eq on each individual channel.

Like your avatar by the way - DV is the man! :peace: