Swap stock speakers for alpine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterwheel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just bought a 2023 tradesman classic. I gave my 2013 sport with the alpine system to my brother in law who doesn't use the system. I'd like to swap the two sound syste ms, move the alpine into my tradesman. But I don't know audio.

can I just swap the four door speakers and the two dash speakers directly? I've read that the front t weeters may have different ohms, so I don't know.if those are direct swap.

for the rear subwoofer, will my tradesman have the wiring already? I.e. Can I just find the amp in the old truck (apparently under the dash, or maybe under the drivers seat) and move that plus the subwoofer to the tradesman?

appreciate any advice. I'm trying to.figure out how plug and play this is, if I can manage this.myself or not.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
If you're going to install aftermarket speakers in the doors and dash... lots better to consider then Alpine ;)

I personally have Focal speakers in my doors and dash as they have deliver high quality detail and clarity.

There are many out there that will provide much better sound quality over the Alpine's ;)

It's all a matter of what sound you're looking to capture and at what hit to your pocket ;)

OP
OP
W

waterwheel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The alpine system from my old truck are free :). And they worked OK for me. I'm no audiophile, so I figured the stock speakers in the tradesman would be fine, but frankly they're barely even useable. Sound like they're from a gym PA system or something. Even I can tell that they're horrible.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just bought a 2023 tradesman classic. I gave my 2013 sport with the alpine system to my brother in law who doesn't use the system. I'd like to swap the two sound syste ms, move the alpine into my tradesman. But I don't know audio.

can I just swap the four door speakers and the two dash speakers directly? I've read that the front t weeters may have different ohms, so I don't know.if those are direct swap.

for the rear subwoofer, will my tradesman have the wiring already? I.e. Can I just find the amp in the old truck (apparently under the dash, or maybe under the drivers seat) and move that plus the subwoofer to the tradesman?

appreciate any advice. I'm trying to.figure out how plug and play this is, if I can manage this.myself or not.
There is a factory amp involved too. You will also need a tool like AlfaOBD to program the feature as present. I'm not sure if the wiring is different too but I would think it would be for a "premium" OEM system.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
A nice set of Pioneer speakers will perk up the stereo as far as sound goes. Not worth the headache to try and swap an older OEM Alpine system in.