OEM Chrome Side Molding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delmonico Longhrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque
Hello everyone. I went with the Longhorn over the Limited because I like the Mountain Brown interior. I also like the chrome side molding that comes standard on the Limited and am thinking of adding it to my Longhorn. I suspect this OEM product may be my best option. I’m sure some folks install the molding themselves, but I worry my attempt won’t be perfectly level or centered and I wonder how others get it right. Do you recommend that I buy from a local Ram dealership and have them install it or am I better off buying it from a local truck accessories store that might do these installations all the time? I live near Chicago and am interested in any insights or recommendations you may have regarding installers, installation cost, etc. Thank you.

2021 Ram 1500 Enhance the appearance of your vehicle. No cutting or drilling required - 82215280 | Athens Dodge, Athens GA (moparpartssurplus.com)

upload_2021-3-30_13-43-9.png

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I helped a buddy of mine do his...simple! These 5th gens have the lines under the "RAM" and "Lonestar" logo on the doors that the trim follows so it was an easy install instead of the 4th gens where you have to measure, mark and hope like heck you installed them straight/level. The local dealer quoted him $185 to install them thus we saved him some money and they look fantastic.

I wouldn't spend a dime to have someone else do it as it is so easy to do and you know it gets done correctly. They come with fantastic instructions too.

Nice looking truck!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L non-Etorque
I helped a buddy of mine do his...simple! These 5th gens have the lines under the "RAM" and "Lonestar" logo
I think you meant "Longhorn" logo, not "Lonestar" LOL. But you're right about the 5th gens being easier than the 4th gens. Good advice!

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I think you meant "Longhorn" logo, not "Lonestar" LOL. But you're right about the 5th gens being easier than the 4th gens. Good advice!
Yes, Longhorn logo.