Official Redline SI-1 thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Do you get any smoke on startup when you do this? I get a little smoke at cold start when I do. Clears itself up when I refill the tank though. And I too notice idle and driving improvement.
Zero cold start smoke whatsoever.
Just a happy HEMI.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zero cold start smoke whatsoever.
Just a happy HEMI.
Freaked me out the first time I saw it. Checked everything to make sure I wasn't burning oil. 100% positive it was SI1 mixed in high concentration. My truck is straight piped though, wonder if thats why I see it.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you get any smoke on startup when you do this? I get a little smoke at cold start when I do. Clears itself up when I refill the tank though. And I too notice idle and driving improvement.
Interesting, you know sea foam does this because it is super concentrated 100% solvent right on piston tops. Burns that carbon off real good, never heard of this with si-1. It really brings up a great question, because if anything else all of the info in this thread proves concentration level does matter. If I have an opinion on this, I would want to do a long trip after or during this strategy, get that catalytic converter real hot and get all that ash off that. I would get a boroscope and put it down a plug hole, see what's up.

It's hard to know what the sweet spot is, but I would say at a minimum I would want a full bottle of si-1 per full tank, and then possibly using that bottle in a half tank do present great possibilities. Or even in a quarter tank. Thank for all the guys bring this up, worth considering. IMO this white smoke is a good sign, maybe not for catalytic converter but Good for cleaning carbon.