Offset, Backspacing... So Confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkasten619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 1500 Blackout Express 2wd

Alright, so i've been doing a lot of reading on these forums about lifts and etc etc etc. Was going to go with a CST lift but now I'm choosing Maxtrac and Im still debating 4.5" or 7" lift kit. Either way I'm going to throw 35" Toyo Open Country RT's on, 45K mileage warranty and just perfect as far as not looking to street tire like most AT and not being a complete MT that wears very quickly. Well today I found out my stock rims are only 8" wide and the toyo's won't fit... Now looking for new rims.. Found a couple that I like

20x9 +18 offset 5.7" backspacing Mamba M14 Black

20x9 0 offset 5" backspacing - LRG LRG101 Matte Black

20x9 0 offset 5" backspacing Procomp 7033

Would all of these fit?

Im mainly concerned about the first set with the + offset If it would rub against things?

Very new to trucks and lifts Sorry and thank you

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
+18 offset is about the same offset as stock... To run that rim you would need wheel spacers.

0 offset will push your tires outward just barely outside of the fender. I think you can clear a 35 on a 20x9 w/ 0 offset. If I ever lifted my truck I never have to worry lol as im running -13 offset.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the wheel spec requirements of the lift. They often require less backspaced wheels. They will generally tell you what wheel specs are required to clear the new suspension components. For 35s I think the 4.5 lift would look better unless you like lots of fender gap.
You can fit 35s on 8 inch wide wheels, just not 35x12.5. Look into 295/65/20. Just have to look into not as wide of tires. The wheels are one of the best parts of the blackout package.