New to me 2016 Regular Cab Ram Sport with procharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just joined this site today to get ideas for my new build.

I picked up a 2016 Regular Cab Ram Sport with Ram Boxes from a estate sale. A elderly fellow bought it new from a dealer who had a performance shop lower it and add a procharger, full body hemi decal kit etc. It only had 11,000 kms on it, nice shape although dirty. Still has 7 months of powertrain although I am not sure how its handled because of the dealer installed charger.

I have since removed the decal kit, replaced the emblems with oem black ones, found a paintable grill frame on line (sanded, sprayed with plastic adhesion and 5x plasticote paint black), tinted the side windows, spray tinted the tail lights and 3rd brake light, sold the chrome wheels and lowered tires, bought unused "take offs" black 5 spokes with wheels, ordered a Icon 2.5 lift kit with upper control arms. The reason I went with the Icon is because I needed 4 new springs and their kit has them included, plus they have a nice ride. Changed the procharger oil, cleaned filters, replaced the factory plugs to one colder plus reduced the gap to 30. I was dismayed to find out that the performance shop left the originals in, the deceased paid 14K cdn to the dealer for this install. I have the truck booked at a performance shop on Monday to get the truck dyno tuned as it has the procharger canned tune and its off.

I was going to put aftermarket rims on but I cant find anything that looks good or have the right offset. I have decided to put the 17 inch Rebel silver balck rims on with larger k20 tires. If anyone has four new ones and lives anywhere near Alberta I would like to buy them. Also looking for ideas on the proper tire size for these rims and this lift. Thanks !

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like a great find, this is one time where you might want to stick with the 20 inch rims and lower sidewalk tires for more responsive handling. Congrats on the new ride!

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That seems like a good find with only 11k on the tree. It sounds like you are "undoing" the previous mods and could likely sell off the parts you have to remove from the lowering kit and get a little money back for the "making it your own" project. Not sure which original 5-spokes you bought, but the original Sport wheels (20x9) look good in my opinion if your not a fan of other aftermarket wheels, or can't find the right offset. At any rate, congratulations on your find and welcome to the Ram Forum. You will find a LOT of "good reads" within the walls of this forum with a great many folks that are more than willing to offer assistance or advice to help others. Good luck with your build...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I just joined this site today to get ideas for my new build.

I picked up a 2016 Regular Cab Ram Sport with Ram Boxes from a estate sale. A elderly fellow bought it new from a dealer who had a performance shop lower it and add a procharger, full body hemi decal kit etc. It only had 11,000 kms on it, nice shape although dirty. Still has 7 months of powertrain although I am not sure how its handled because of the dealer installed charger.

I have since removed the decal kit, replaced the emblems with oem black ones, found a paintable grill frame on line (sanded, sprayed with plastic adhesion and 5x plasticote paint black), tinted the side windows, spray tinted the tail lights and 3rd brake light, sold the chrome wheels and lowered tires, bought unused "take offs" black 5 spokes with wheels, ordered a Icon 2.5 lift kit with upper control arms. The reason I went with the Icon is because I needed 4 new springs and their kit has them included, plus they have a nice ride. Changed the procharger oil, cleaned filters, replaced the factory plugs to one colder plus reduced the gap to 30. I was dismayed to find out that the performance shop left the originals in, the deceased paid 14K cdn to the dealer for this install. I have the truck booked at a performance shop on Monday to get the truck dyno tuned as it has the procharger canned tune and its off.

I was going to put aftermarket rims on but I cant find anything that looks good or have the right offset. I have decided to put the 17 inch Rebel silver balck rims on with larger k20 tires. If anyone has four new ones and lives anywhere near Alberta I would like to buy them. Also looking for ideas on the proper tire size for these rims and this lift. Thanks !

Do you happen to have a name for the original owner,as i thought i knew most of the boosted regular cabs in Alberta,but that one is a new one to me.If you're in Stoney Plain are we gonna see it at Castrol next spring? If you've been around Castrol at all in the last couple years you might know my truck.

DSCN5257 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you happen to have a name for the original owner,as i thought i knew most of the boosted regular cabs in Alberta,but that one is a new one to me.If you're in Stoney Plain are we gonna see it at Castrol next spring? If you've been around Castrol at all in the last couple years you might know my truck.

View attachment 224941

Really like that stance. What drop and tire size are you on?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Really like that stance. What drop and tire size are you on?

It's basically a 2/4 drop.I'm running narrowed 2" drop spindles up front,and cut down stock R/T springs in the rear. I didn't like the ride i got from MacGauphies (sp?) or Belltechs rear springs,so i went back to the cut down springs i used in my old regular cab. it's running 295/45/20's on the front and 305/50/20's on the rear. Truck is also running the older Illicit cut rear locating brackets,truck works pretty good, it hooks to beat hell,and runs low 12's at 3500ft DA,with a best of a 12.02. This pic shows the rear brackets a little better,if you look at the drivers side rear tire

IMG_3418 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wild One, I should have mentioned its a 4x4 and I will be daily driving it. The original owners name was Harry. He also had the dealer install a leather interior.

I got it back from the tuner today, the drive-ability is 100% better, the canned tune was bad. I asked for a winter tune, summer tune and tow tune, all moderate with 91 octane. It dyno'd 390 rwhp with my spark plug installation and the canned tune... I doubt it would have done that with the factory plugs. After the drive ability tune it pulled 430 rwhp. I was not going for more hp, just a by product of the better tune. Surprised the previous owner was okay with the drive ability, for that kind of money I would have sent it back!

I received my Icon lift kit today minus the upper control arms, I may just go ahead with that for now as the upper control arms could be 3 or 4 months away. The factory is not shipping anything new for 3 months.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/11489/icon-accessories-09-18-ram-1500-4wd-75-25-stage-2-suspension-system/

I will resell the Ground Force kit (2 front 3 rear) once removed.

https://www.groundforce.com/part-details.php?part=9984

The fender extensions look goofy but I suspect they will look better once the bigger tires are on. I think my vision will come together once the lift kit and wheel tire combo are installed. I am struggling with aftermarket wheels big time, most of the aftermarket is bedazzled and I like a more purpose built look. Open to any suggestions.

Posted 2 pictures, current and before...

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_8263.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I should add, all black wheels are out, they seem to disappear from a distance and offer nothing appearance wise. Good lesson on these take offs. I will resell once I get the new ones.

I used Rebels on a budget build I did, I thought they looked okay. Similar story, I bought this truck for cheap off a consignment lot (elderly couple). Amazing how much better you can make a truck look with a little love, they could not give this one away !!

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7437.jpg

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Wild One, I should have mentioned its a 4x4 and I will be daily driving it. The original owners name was Harry. He also had the dealer install a leather interior.

I got it back from the tuner today, the drive-ability is 100% better, the canned tune was bad. I asked for a winter tune, summer tune and tow tune, all moderate with 91 octane. It dyno'd 390 rwhp with my spark plug installation and the canned tune... I doubt it would have done that with the factory plugs. After the drive ability tune it pulled 430 rwhp. I was not going for more hp, just a by product of the better tune. Surprised the previous owner was okay with the drive ability, for that kind of money I would have sent it back!

I received my Icon lift kit today minus the upper control arms, I may just go ahead with that for now as the upper control arms could be 3 or 4 months away. The factory is not shipping anything new for 3 months.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/11489/icon-accessories-09-18-ram-1500-4wd-75-25-stage-2-suspension-system/

I will resell the Ground Force kit (2 front 3 rear) once removed.

https://www.groundforce.com/part-details.php?part=9984

The fender extensions look goofy but I suspect they will look better once the bigger tires are on. I think my vision will come together once the lift kit and wheel tire combo are installed. I am struggling with aftermarket wheels big time, most of the aftermarket is bedazzled and I like a more purpose built look. Open to any suggestions.

Posted 2 pictures, current and before...

View attachment 225179

View attachment 225180

Have to admit that truck is a stranger to me,and i thought i knew most of the boosted regular cabs running around,lol. I like what you've done to it,except maybe the lift,everybody and their dog has a lifted Ram in this province,lol. Mines actually a 4X4 Sport missing a couple of the 4X4 pieces,lol. You'll have to bring it out to Castrol once or twice next year,there's a few boosted 4X4's that show up fairly often. Shane will usually have his turbo truck there,and young Josh brings out his Edelbrock blown 4X4 regular cab every once in awhile. All you need is 40 bucks and a helmut to run at Friday night Street Legals,and you can get as many passes in as you want usually. There's a good crowd of us Mopar freaks out there on any given Friday night,lol.
Let me know if you're interested,as you might say i know my way around the place,and i can help you with tech etc.,i get away with murder there at times,lol.
Rick

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good , looks like a 4x4 now .