Oil leak 5.9 cummins '07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mule T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
My 5.9 '07 is leaking oil after I drive it. Usually a spot the size of a quarter or 50ct. Every time weather I drive it 50 or 80mph it's the same.
Same truck if I hook up my gooseneck 18' with a horse in it sprays oil all over the front of the trailer and underside of my truck. I unhook and I goes back to dripping not spraying. So underload it looses alot of oil.
I check for blow by with oil filler cap there is none to speak of. So I said it must be CCV clogged. I cleaned it well and no difference. Then my turbo started to make a racket. I thought maybe there is pressure from turbo slack going into crankcase under load. I put new one on and same leaks, no improvements .
Truck runs great, idles 750, holds 50lbs. oil pressure ,engine has 190,000 miles, no blow by. ‍♂️scratching my head??
Could I have an injector leaking pressure by ? Injectors are stock Bosch with 110,000 Miles on them.
Should I do a leak down test? Any ideas?
Oil leak from either rear oil pan or rear main im guessing.
It also feels like it doesn't have the power it had.
2007 Ram 3500 5.9 diesel 4x4, 6spd.20210206_183648.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mule T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Rear of engine, either rear main seal or oil pan im guessing. I degrease & power wash and I can't figure where it originates

Choupique

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Sorry man, there's just nothing to go on here. It could be the rear seal, the oil pan, the back of the breather. It could be anything. You're going to have to clean it off and figure out where it's coming from.