Oil pressure problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '07 Ram with the 5.7 hemi. Today my wife started the truck and the oil pressure gauge showed 0. She shut it off, waited a while restarted the truck and now the gauge is showing to the right side of the gauge, above normal everytime we start the truck? What is the problem? If you say it is the sending unit, tell me where it is located. Thanks.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front of block down about midway, it will be a open wrench style fitting with a plug connected into it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you think this is the problem?

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks so much. I will check it out tomorrow when it is daylight outside.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem, it'll be directly above the oil filter on front [emoji1303]

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did find it but will not mess with changing it tonight. I figured it was the sending unit since the gauge went to zero with no noises and knowing the truck would have oil. It was a little bit low but not enough to cause no pressure. Thanks again.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem man, mine went haywire not to long ago, would drive then plummet to zero and truck would start chiming at me haha same truck 07 5.7. Believe it requires a deep socket if I remember correctly

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago in my 2004 5.7 hemi.gauge dropped to zero,truck started chiming.i knew there was oil pressure because there was no knocking or ticking so I knew it had to be something with the gauge probably the sending unit.it is located right above the oil filter.it sends the signal to the gauge.i believe I pd. 20 bucks for the new sending unit and had it repaired in 5 min.pull the electical connection off,unscrew it,put Teflon tape on the threads of the new one,screw it back in and plug in the electrical connection.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago in my 2004 5.7 hemi.gauge dropped to zero,truck started chiming.i knew there was oil pressure because there was no knocking or ticking so I knew it had to be something with the gauge probably the sending unit.it is located right above the oil filter.it sends the signal to the gauge.i believe I pd. 20 bucks for the new sending unit and had it repaired in 5 min.pull the electical connection off,unscrew it,put Teflon tape on the threads of the new one,screw it back in and plug in the electrical connection.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I don't know why this posted 4 times sorry my laptop is wonky today,sorry….

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I changed the sensor today and the problem is corrected but now I am wondering what the two wire sensor is that is on the side of the motor right above the oil filter, just curious and trying to learn this truck. I bought it this past January and I know so little about these Dodges. I have always been a Chevy man.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Side or front? Only one I recall right above it is the cam sensor. Only ones really on the side of the engine are knock sensors. Got a pic?

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one I am referring to is about the same level as the oil pressure sensor but is pointing out towards the passenger side of the motor, right above the oil filter. I will try to get a picture.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is the wires going to it, right in front of it. You can see the new oil pressure sending unit that I installed and the oil filter. Correction on the above statements, this sensor is just a little bit lower than the oil pressure sending unit.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oil temp. Keep forgetting that one exists since it isn't a standard gauge lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank