Oil pressure switch plug.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnlittle01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to replace a leaking oil pressure switch on my 2019 1500 Laramie with the 5.7.
I'm having a hell of a time getting the plug off and don't want to break it. It doesn't look like any of the other ones I've dealt with before. This has a grey lock release that slides back from the plug but I don't see a tab to press once I slide it back. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.0307241731_HDR.jpg

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Many of the MOPAR electrical plugs require pinching from both sides. I just did a blend door replacement which requires removing the dash and a lot of those connections. A couple I had to wiggle very strongly to remove and one I used some channel lock pliers to pinch for me which worked. I'm not familiar with this exact plug but it does remind me of the air filter plugs which can be stubborn as well. Usually just unlocking does not allow them to release.

OP
OP
J

johnlittle01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I finally got it off . That grey tab is both the locking and release mechanism. It just had to come out further. I was able to get a curved pick over the end and pull it out enough to release the plug.