One rare Canadian Hemi Coronet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I bought a 74 Valient with the mighty leaning tower of power to use as a winter beater in the early 80's,couldn't kill that old slant 6,and i tried,but the car got the nickname "slug" from my buddies,as it wouldn't get out of it's own way,even downhill with a tailwind,lol
Let me tell you a story about a Valliant!

I don't know the year, but it was mid to late 70's for dang sure...
I was a kid in late single to early double digits.. and my Mom had it in the mid to late 80's...

It was a slant-6.. I remember that hands down!
and it was blue with a blue/checkered landau roof, too.

We were driving one day... my Momma got pulled over by Toronto Police...
Officer: do you know why I stopped you
Momma: No, Officer
Officer: your front wheels are pointing in on the top really badly and likely tie-rods
Momma: What's a tie-rod officer?
Officer: here's your citation to get it fixed and provide proof of repair - you have a child in the car Mam, this is dangerous....

I kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...

I love my Mom soooo much...
She took it in and got it fixed right away....

The good ole' days!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Let me tell you a story about a Valliant!

I don't know the year, but it was mid to late 70's for dang sure...
I was a kid in late single to early double digits.. and my Mom had it in the mid to late 80's...

It was a slant-6.. I remember that hands down!
and it was blue with a blue/checkered landau roof, too.

We were driving one day... my Momma got pulled over by Toronto Police...
Officer: do you know why I stopped you
Momma: No, Officer
Officer: your front wheels are pointing in on the top really badly and likely tie-rods
Momma: What's a tie-rod officer?
Officer: here's your citation to get it fixed and provide proof of repair - you have a child in the car Mam, this is dangerous....

I kid you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...

I love my Mom soooo much...
She took it in and got it fixed right away....

The good ole' days!
I couldn't make this up if I tried... lol!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I couldn't make this up if I tried... lol!
I could tell you all a story on my Momma's 1980 Datsun B210 silver station wagon...
Her very first brand new car she ever bought....

I was a project kid.... a a neighborhood kid was a huge bully...
One day he bullied me.. again, this was the 80's and I was late single digits for dang sure... his name was Brad... and I remember him clearly...

He pushed me to the ground by my face and I had a loose tooth and it came out and I started to bleed... I went home afterwards and just dealt with it because crying and whimpering was not what you did back then, especially in this neighborhood!

My Momma lost her mind... literally grabbed me by the arm and tossed me in her Datsun!

She drove through the neighborhood and found him... and guys... I S..._- H... i.. _ T .. you not... she found him and with her wagon chased him though our complex in the hood... up on curbs... through the center court... and nearly ran him over...

He ran into the next complex's housing corridor door, and fled for his life!!!!!!!!

Needless to say... no one ever messed with my Momma again... she was known in the neighborhood as the crazy lady who almost ran over Brad!

Man... I need to write some memoirs.....

Best best Brother... Doug, whom I am still best friends with to this day knows this, and many other stories too!

We have several stories of his late Dad, affectionally nick-named Fester, with his 66' Monaco rag-top that the 'boys n-the-hood' would not ever mess with!

He was a legend in Allenbury Gardens... as was his 66' Monaco!

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I could tell you all a story on my Momma's 1980 Datsun B210 silver station wagon...
Her very first brand new car she ever bought....

I was a project kid.... a a neighborhood kid was a huge bully...
One day he bullied me.. again, this was the 80's and I was late single digits for dang sure... his name was Brad... and I remember him clearly...

He pushed me to the ground by my face and I had a loose tooth and it came out and I started to bleed... I went home afterwards and just dealt with it because crying and whimpering was not what you did back then, especially in this neighborhood!

My Momma lost her mind... literally grabbed me by the arm and tossed me in her Datsun!

She drove through the neighborhood and found him... and guys... I S..._- H... i.. _ T .. you not... she found him and with her wagon chased him though our complex in the hood... up on curbs... through the center court... and nearly ran him over...

He ran into the next complex's housing corridor door, and fled for his life!!!!!!!!

Needless to say... no one ever messed with my Momma again... she was known in the neighborhood as the crazy lady who almost ran over Brad!

Man... I need to write some memoirs.....

Best best Brother... Doug, whom I am still best friends with to this day knows this, and many other stories too!

We have several stories of his late Dad, affectionally nick-named Fester, with his 66' Monaco rag-top that the 'boys n-the-hood' would not ever mess with!

He was a legend in Allenbury Gardens... as was his 66' Monaco!
Those old 210's were tough little cars,lol

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sweet ride....non-matching #'s crush the value to a purist. Sad

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sweet ride....non-matching #'s crush the value to a purist. Sad
The warrenty replacement Hemi's didn't have numbers,so there's that work around. As long as it's got the "R" in the vin,it's still a factory Hemi car,and being the only 70 Hemi Coronet R/T Convertible built with a 4 speed,having a replacement Hemi,probably isn't going to hurt it's value all that much

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
This is going to make every one here feel sick and sad.

Back in 1972, I had hardly had my drivers license very long at all, at 17 in New Jersey. And my dad, a patriot, noticed a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner with a Sox & Martin, red, white and blue paint job, finished in diamond flake lacquer. He made the mistake of telling me about it. Had a 3 speed auto on the column, with reverse linkage, Aston aluminum wheels, ****** headers, two 750 cfm Carter carbs, and a Dana rear. 8 track tape player. Sale price? $2,500. This thing was a beast. 500 HP that would chirp the tires even when driving moderately. It pulled like a bear.

I only had this car for many a month or so before forgetting about a stop sign one night, mowing down a bunch of small birch trees before coming to a stop with a large one, smack dab on the cam. Totaled. Dad was so white hot angry with me that I made the decision to get out of the house to join the Marine Corps.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This is going to make every one here feel sick and sad.

Back in 1972, I had hardly had my drivers license very long at all, at 17 in New Jersey. And my dad, a patriot, noticed a 1968 Hemi Roadrunner with a Sox & Martin, red, white and blue paint job, finished in diamond flake lacquer. He made the mistake of telling me about it. Had a 3 speed auto on the column, with reverse linkage, Aston aluminum wheels, ****** headers, two 750 cfm Carter carbs, and a Dana rear. 8 track tape player. Sale price? $2,500. This thing was a beast. 500 HP that would chirp the tires even when driving moderately. It pulled like a bear.

I only had this car for many a month or so before forgetting about a stop sign one night, mowing down a bunch of small birch trees before coming to a stop with a large one, smack dab on the cam. Totaled. Dad was so white hot angry with me that I made the decision to get out of the house to join the Marine Corps.
Yea our generation wrecked alot of good cars. My cousin had a 70 429/4 speed Mercury Cyclone that he rolled on our gravel road,the car sat in our backyard for a year while he fought the insurance company over what it was worth,they only built a little over 390 of them with the 429,and only about 140 had the 4 speed. Me and buddy wrecked his 70 LS6 454 Chevelle one night,by roaring up back roads that we didn't know at about 90 mph (might have been some beer involved,lol) when we came ripping over a hill,and the back road made a sharp corner around a rock pile,at 90 mph,the Chevelle wasn't making that corner,we ripped everything from the transmission back out of that poor car,when it went over the rockpile,and turned it into an insurance write off. My buddy showed up at school on Monday walking ,with a black eye,as his dad was not impressed,lol.Pretty well every week,somebody was writing off a muscle car when i was in high school.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought a 74 Valient with the mighty leaning tower of power to use as a winter beater in the early 80's,couldn't kill that old slant 6,and i tried,but the car got the nickname "slug" from my buddies,as it wouldn't get out of it's own way,even downhill with a tailwind,lol
Guy I knew hot rodded one, it turned into a wild ride, fell apart,
Somewhat like what I bought for the kids 340, 4 speed, done up, it was a handfull with the gearing in it. This picture is after a paint job when the girl had it, it got backed into at the school parking lot. I bought it from a engine builder. Original color was green. I had also change the gears for better on the highway.
By this time the son had a big block in one

There was a new hemi cuda around home, it was bought for a son , but something happened and the car was parked in garage and not drove. It got sold few yrs later I was told.

PS ,Found the first picture , before the repaint.
Some of you may have seen these before, believe I had posted them before.

Attachments

• Duster.jpg
    Duster.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 72 Duster family.jpg
    72 Duster family.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Mike F 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Some pics of my other Dodge
Full rotisserie restoration and a few upgrades.

Attachments

• Legendary 002.jpg
    Legendary 002.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_9338.JPG
    DSC_9338.JPG
    518.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_11977.JPG
    DSC_11977.JPG
    514.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_21555.JPG
    DSC_21555.JPG