Opinions on different tuners for 3rd Gen Rams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IQRaceworks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have a SC Flashpaq 3815 tuner for my 2004 QC Hemi Ram. I'm thinking about trying something else that will give me more tuning options, specifically more transmission tuning options.

I saw that SC has their new 3845 F5 tuner out.....but they don't list many details about it. What about the new Diablo Trinity tuners?

I would like to set up my transmission programming to make it better for towing.....and in the future have the options of dialing in the tune settings for a new cam.

Any info would be great!

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've always had SCT in my other vehicles because I knew the guys who actually started SCT and they're widely supported by custom tuners, but a couple years ago, I had a good friend who is doing the coding for HP Tuners for all new vehicles, so that'll likely be my next purchase.

OP
OP
I

IQRaceworks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always had SCT in my other vehicles because I knew the guys who actually started SCT and they're widely supported by custom tuners, but a couple years ago, I had a good friend who is doing the coding for HP Tuners for all new vehicles, so that'll likely be my next purchase.

Does HP tuners make a hand held tuner for the 3rg Gen hemi rams?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to dabble with hp when I get my go fast back on

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd like to dabble with hp when I get my go fast back on

It's definitely the most flexible tuning solution I've seen. The only problem is that with great power comes great risk and if you don't know what you're doing, leave changing the numbers to the professionals. I've seen some bad things happen when people go in and try to make changes to timing and injector settings when they don't know what they're doing.

I just won't buy a tuner anymore than doesn't have the ability to be custom tuned or make simple changes easily. Why would I spend $400 on a canned tune that's designed to work on 99% of trucks when I can have one done that is specifically for my truck based on actual readings from the truck?

I have an SCT X3 for my Mustang and when I want the tune changed, it gets strapped to the dyno and a trained and competent tuner is doing all the work. When he gets done, he loads the tune into my X3, loads the car and hands me the tuner with my custom tune on it. I did have to have one tuner unlock a few things in my tune because he locked it completely out and my street tires were 305/35/17s, but my drag radials were 275/50/15s and I couldn't go in and change the tire diameter.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love my Diablo intune with hemifever custom tune. Really woke the hemi up big time!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
AFAIK the trans tuning for the 04 is still limited (not as bad as 03's though). If you aren't going custom tuning then the Superchips you have is the best all around tuner for what you have. If you intend to cam it, etc then the Diablo is a better choice.

Jwrobson84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my Diablo intune with hemifever custom tune. Really woke the hemi up big time!

How did you got about getting the custom tune. I just recently recieved the intune i2 and would really like a custom tune for it.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
How did you got about getting the custom tune. I just recently recieved the intune i2 and would really like a custom tune for it.

Contact the tuner/tuning company. They ask questions, you pay $$, they email you a tune, you load to your tuner then to your vehicle. You take datalogs and they tweak it.