ordering a 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mgern26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So in the never ending saga of attempting to order my ram which originally was going to be a 2013 until the order wasn't allowed to be submitted, i waited the few weeks till yesterday when i went to place my order for my fully loaded larime and now there are only 4 color options black white and two different reds wtf, where did all the color options go are they going to be released latter in the model year

muleywannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
So in the never ending saga of attempting to order my ram which originally was going to be a 2013 until the order wasn't allowed to be submitted, i waited the few weeks till yesterday when i went to place my order for my fully loaded larime and now there are only 4 color options black white and two different reds wtf, where did all the color options go are they going to be released latter in the model year

my dealer buddy told me that the first run is the dealer run. each dealer is allocated an allotment of "X" amount of vehicles. this run is for the July-early august delivery date. The second allocation is for mid July with a delivery date of first of September. In the second allocation is where you will find the multiple colors. Bad part is who knows at the allocation time what the new colors will be.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
WHY do they have to make things so difficult? That is just ********, the more the ordering saga continues the happier I am that I purchased a 2500. Good luck!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There may be a silver lining for you here. A number of threads on here have reported metallic flake contamination in their paint. Hard to get funky flakes with only four colors running--not impossible, just harder.

albertschmitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will release more color as they open up the order bank, they just started to take retail orders for the customers Monday. That being said it concerns me that there are only 5 colors available. PX8 Black Clear Coat - PS2 Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat - PW7 Bright White Clear Coat - PRP Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat -- PR4 Flame Red Clear Coat

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody hear if they will have the copperhead pearl back in the lineup in 2014?? Can't seem to find a 2013 like I want so I am considering a 2014.. Not much choice if I want to have it the way I want..

Thanks
:cheers:

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Anybody hear if they will have the copperhead pearl back in the lineup in 2014?? Can't seem to find a 2013 like I want so I am considering a 2014.. Not much choice if I want to have it the way I want..

Thanks
:cheers:

I have read elsewhere that they will not be offering Copperhead Pearl for the 2014's.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Are we sure and positive?

:(

This is a response from Chrysler that AzDusty received when inquiring about a 2014 Ram 1500 Copperhead Pearl Laramie Longhorn.

"According to our resources, the Copperhead pearl Coat exterior paint color is not being offered as an available factory order option for the 2014 Ram 1500 model lineup. At this time, no information has been provided indicating that the Copperhead Pearl Coat exterior paint color will be available in the future for the 2014 Ram 1500 models."

This is all I've seen regarding Copperhead Pearl being available for 2014. I know it wasn't offered on the list of colors in the initial ordering bank.

Jul's

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is a response from Chrysler that AzDusty received when inquiring about a 2014 Ram 1500 Copperhead Pearl Laramie Longhorn.

"According to our resources, the Copperhead pearl Coat exterior paint color is not being offered as an available factory order option for the 2014 Ram 1500 model lineup. At this time, no information has been provided indicating that the Copperhead Pearl Coat exterior paint color will be available in the future for the 2014 Ram 1500 models."

This is all I've seen regarding Copperhead Pearl being available for 2014. I know it wasn't offered on the list of colors in the initial ordering bank.

WOW this really sucks....