Overcharged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently swapped out my stock muffler for a 18" glasspack.. They had to also add a little pipe for it all to fit.. I was charged 107$ for everything.. Lots of ppl say I was overcharged some? Not sure and if I did oh well cause I love the sound, it's def pretty Loud to me ..

Also, here's a little sound clip, probably not the best quality and it doesn't justify it enough but gets the point across.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://vimeo.com/108837900

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a little bit. But still 100 bucks for a muffler and install isn't out of line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
now you can let that hemi roar! :)

as said above, price is decent, around here that would be cheap!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it was welded in that's a fair price I say. Depends on the brand glasspack too. If it were clamped in you got ripped.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay thanks guys! It was welded on no clamps... I need to take it easy I have a big lead foot now love the roar of the hemi ..

Not sure if I'm just imagining this or its true but it feels like my truck accelerates a little better? Like little more get up and go after muffler swap? Not sure if that's increase anythkng.. Probably just in my head haha

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A glasspack being a flow through may in fact let the engine breathe a little better, so little placebo, little breath and better feeling all together!

Being welded in I don't think you got ripped off.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like people are going to be like "look at this douche" cause I can't get over the exhaust sound haha love it, first time doing this to a vehicle.

With all my problems I've had and currently have at least this exhaust will bring me some joy

HemiDrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good price for muffler and getting it welded in. There is a dude that lives down the road from me that has a welding shop at his house. Thought about stopping by and seeing if he could weld up a new muffler for me.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's worth it man, my truck is louder than some friends and it sounds nice. Not a crappy sound, have had lots of compliments on it. Not sure the brand of my glasspack though.