Owners w/12in screen, are you REQUIRED to renew with a premium sirius pkg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Levi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm asking for help from truck owners with the 12 inch screen if when you renewed your sirius xm radio contract you where required to buy the premium pkg costing a high dollar amount. My truck is at the dealer because after my 1 yr trial offer with sirius, the satellite radio would not work even after I paid for the $99.00 renewal subscription. The dealer called the FCA engineers for their help and the answer they got was the 12 inch screen radio requires a premium sirius subscription. Has anyone else run into this? Is this true? Is this written in any of the owners manuals?

I'm looking and thankful for any input from owners with the 12 inch screen option.

Thanks,
Rick

rdubs20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is nuts if it is required. I'm not going to be paying for that. I hope they fix it soon.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I just got off the phone with Sirius XM and they told me they have had luck using the premium package and gave me a free upgrade since I had a year left on my trial package without guardian XM.

I am not pleased with the new Sirius XM Uconnect. Not at all. It does not work as good as the the premium Uconnect I had in my 2015 Sport. The apps are missing, I assume as a nod to android auto, but my phone has to be wired which makes the wireless charging dock useless, and my voice to text wont work.

If they fixed the text to voice I would probably renew my Guardian account, but with all the glaring errors in the software on this radio, at this time I refuse to give them anymore money to support horrible engineering.

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 360L radio in the 2019 RAM requires an All Access subscription if that's what you mean by premium. The 360L uses IP over cellular for some of it's functionality. I've yet to get an answer from Sirius if there is a way to activate only the satellite portion of this new radio, and they are very much aware of activation problems once trial subscriptions expire. Sirius tech support tells me they are working closely with the radio OEM (whoever that is ... not necessarily FCA) to correct the issues but never would give me a date for the fix.

OP
OP
L

Levi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the "All Access" subscription is what I mean. I got the same answer. The problem is disappointing because FCA promotes this premium radio as a flagship of the truck yet I can't enjoy Sirius xm because the radio only recognizes the All Access pkg. IMO this is a black mark for this radio. Does Ram Cares still monitor these threads? I guess the letters are piling up. I hope they get a fix soon.

Don_T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what do you actually get with the 360L that you don't get otherwise?

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So what do you actually get with the 360L that you don't get otherwise?

Frustration?

People think it looks cool... and it does. But it's missing features like the vehicle health report. Sirius XM Travel Link is wonky and 'forgets' things for a while like your favorite teams. Voice searches are less reliable than my 13 was, and my 13 had features I used all the time that I've lost. So what do you get? A big shiny screen.

I'd advise anyone thinking it's an upgrade to re-think. I'd rather have the 8.4 at this point myself.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
@RamCares can definitely help y’all get the radios fixed

- The Blue Mule

OP
OP
L

Levi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've sent them 2 emails with no reply. I think they got backed into a corner with this one and can't find a fix so they are not answering anything right now. I sure wish they would say something that shows they care.
Rick

n-humble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 360L gives you access to DVR-like functions where you can pause live radio. It also lets you access on-demand programming which requires Internet access through cell connectivity. You also get access to channels that aren't available via satellite. Thus, this is why an all-access subscription is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357