Pac lp7-2 on alpine sub wires adjustment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I just discovered this issue with my install this morning sounds good at any thing below 20 soon as you turn it up sounds distorted and was popping. Will the back door speakers work? I’m currently going to the fronts as I understood they are a true full range? 4fc83ed41ac70d63b3f90c9ad9606eb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the Alpine system front speakers are bass/mid bass only, no highs at all.

tylerlewis_89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Going to the sub is 100% perfectly fine. You do not gain anything by going to to front or rears, in fact you lose signal. This has already been proven based on RTA measurements.

Sounds like the speakers are clipping and you are pushing it past it's limit. What is your gain? Is your amp signal set for low or high?
I tried going from the sub wires first but didn’t sound any better then stock auctually was worse. My gain is low maybe a quarter turn I still can’t turn the gain up much more without getting popping and distortion. Going off the front door speakers does sound a bit better.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I tried going from the sub wires first but didn’t sound any better then stock auctually was worse. My gain is low maybe a quarter turn I still can’t turn the gain up much more without getting popping and distortion. Going off the front door speakers does sound a bit better.

I have my loc connected at sub wires and is fine, just my pac loc has issues, Saturday putting audio control loc in, what settings do you have on the amp? Is it set to low pass, freq around 120hz and get a audiocontrol loc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
LC2i solved all the issues, output doubled and bass is hitting hard. Before with the pac sounded good, but not like I had 2 12s and 1,000 watts rms, now the bass pounds really hard and helped with the higher volume roll off. Still need to fine tune it, but happy finally.