Painted Engine Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cool, pics look awesome. EVERYONE is always harder on themselves.

Personally I like it a lot!

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Agreed with above. Looks great.. but definitely detail that engine bay and it'll look 100000% better. Also, agreed with the red caps idea.

HEMI1529

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't criticize it, you done awesome! Wish my little paint projects would turn out that good lol

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I finally got around to painting my engine cover. I've seen a lot of nice ones on here and have wanted to do mine since I bought my truck. I never could decide on a color though. After I got the red pinstripe on my truck I decided that is how I would do the engine cover. It didn't turn out great, but oh well. No one is ever going to see it anyway. The picture looks better than the real thing does. And after looking at the pictures I realized I forgot to go back and paint the inside of the 8. Doh.

Great job. What is the name of the paint you used and what is the max temp it will withstand?

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I finally got around to painting my engine cover. I've seen a lot of nice ones on here and have wanted to do mine since I bought my truck. I never could decide on a color though. After I got the red pinstripe on my truck I decided that is how I would do the engine cover. It didn't turn out great, but oh well. No one is ever going to see it anyway. The picture looks better than the real thing does. And after looking at the pictures I realized I forgot to go back and paint the inside of the 8. Doh.

Nice job!!!

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Nice! To both posted. I was looking at mine earlier, even though its a V6 its still ripe for the painting!! Having Knee surgery this week so I wont get to it for a few weeks but I plan on it among other things.

Good luck with that knew surgery. I've had both knees operated on twice and now need a left knee replacement.

You will be glad to have it done. Not trying to scare you but ask the Doctor what he is going to use to control or ensure you do not come down with blood clot/s.

Hip surgery and knee surgery are the two worse for getting blood clots.

As for the pain, ask for the yellow pill, not the pink one. lol

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I think it looks great, but would really shine in an engine bay where you put some time in detailing.

Sorry for stepping on your post but there is a great video on Adam's homepage that shows how to do a super job of detailing an engine.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Really like it. What kind of paint did u use and how high of a temp will it withstand?

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Nice! To both posted. I was looking at mine earlier, even though its a V6 its still ripe for the painting!! Having Knee surgery this week so I wont get to it for a few weeks but I plan on it among other things.

Good luck with that knew surgery. I've had both knees operated on twice and now need a left knee replacement.

You will be glad to have it done. Not trying to scare you but ask the Doctor what he is going to use to control or ensure you do not come down with blood clot/s.

Hip surgery and knee surgery are the two worse for getting blood clots.

As for the pain, ask for the yellow pill, not the pink one. lol