Parking light out (on dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coventrywoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
2016 2500 gas .... saw related posts but they mainly deal with aftermarket lights/led bulbs. Dealer cant figure it out and said to just deal with the warning as it's not a safety issue and all lights work as they should.
Bought truck new , at around 30k I busted a taillight & replaced with aftermarket lens. Noticed the "parking light out" on dash after install. Swapped out bulbs that came with aftermarkets & put the ones that were in the OEM lens back in. Problem solved. Fast forward to 2023 / 85K and a brake light bulb finally burnt out. Pulled lens & bulb was burnt out along with the socket looked crusty. Replaced with NAPA socket & bulb. "parking light out" when I hit the brakes now. Searching for OEM style bulbs I had before seeing as that solved this prior but since covid no one seems to have them. They had 3 stand offs to the filament where the ones I'm finding only have 2. Was told to change opposite side socket also so both are new. Did that and it still happens. Was told to use OEM sockets , bought 2 and still get message. Whatever , I just have dealt with it. Now it's giving me the message & chime when using the left directional also. It has to blink 4 times prior to message. The only light I have out is the right side puddle light in the mirror. That one crapped out around 50K and the message never appeared so it's not due to that. All other lights work and all sockets have no sign of any corrosion or heat / burnt. Every blub in the truck front & rear is brand new ! This only happens when the headlights are on. On auto during the day its fine. Parking lights only its fine. Headlights on and the message & chime happen every time I use the brakes and/or left directional.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the center high mount brake light ,this has been the culprit many times .

If one of the two OEM bulbs burns out for my center, high-mounted brake light, it will display the parking light out message (or something similar - but not stating the high brake light is out).

I get my bulbs from my CDJR dealer - as the OEM MOPAR bulbs are always high quality.

OP
OP
C

Coventrywoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The Krypton bulbs are what was in it OEM that I can't find that didn't give the message. The standard bulbs (on seat) is all I can find and also what my 2 local dealers stock. Those are what I have in there now. IMG_20231109_071640.jpgIMG_20231109_071651.jpg