Tail light socket now parking light out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dielectric grease by nature is non-conductive. Some versions are conductive but that's not as common. For instance, you wouldn't want to put a conductive grease on the spark plug ceramic.

Maybe try bending the pins out on the bulbs some so they make better contact with the socket?
Exactly what I had to do with my socket that is probably bad.

2016RAMGUY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
2016 1500 incandescent tail lights. I had a passenger rear signal light go out. I had been getting warnings for months but it had always worked. Pulled the bulb and it was in fact the socket going bad. Looked kind of burned/smoked as well. Picked up a new (probably Chinese) socket and put some dielectric grease on and it worked. Then I noticed the "parking light out" warnings constantly. Unfortunately I tossed the old socket. Could a Chinese socket be causing trouble? I have a couple thousand miles to drive real soon. Oh. about a year or two ago I installed LED backup lights. They work fine.
Here’s my short story and what the problem was for me. 2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Bighorn factory bulbs. Had a blinker go out, replaced it and got the parking light out message on my dash. Weird thing was only did it when my lights were on and pressed the brake pedal. Here’s what I found just before pulling my hair out and what the problem ended up being… wasn’t till I removed both taillights that I realized right above where the bulb goes into the taillight there was etched in 3157 (bulb type). When my blinker went out I went to O’Rileys and got a replacement just assumed it was the correct bulb cause that’s what it said in their system and it worked except that warning when I pushed the brake pedal when my lights were on. After a little research I found that if you go online at O’Rileys it says it’s a 3057 bulb, you go on Autozone’s website it says 3157, even the dealer told me 3057. The fix.. look at the taillight it self and see which bulb is for your truck. Your welcome. Look me up next time you’re in Lake Stevens, Wa and you can buy me a beer!