Password compromise notice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
this morning I received a security notice from my iPad that my password/username for this site had appeared in a listing on the dark web, and recommended an immediate pw change. I did so, switching from a really weak pw to a much stronger one. Anyone else get such a notice?

Best,
RI

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, I don't have an iPad or any IOS devices. Also, I don't access this site from any mobile devices, phone, tablet, etc., just my home laptop, which is moderately protected.
No such warning here.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this morning I received a security notice from my iPad that my password/username for this site had appeared in a listing on the dark web, and recommended an immediate pw change. I did so, switching from a really weak pw to a much stronger one. Anyone else get such a notice?

Best,
RI

Was it an OS-generated notification or an email with a link to update your PW? :cool:

It does sound suspiciously like a phishing scam.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I got the same notice but not for ramforum.com. I was logging onto my Pizza Hut account from my phone (iphone 15) to order lunch when I got the notice. I ignored it, logged into my account, then changed the password from the Pizza Hut website. I never use links provided in a popup, email, or text message. Not saying it was nefarious. Just saying I don't take chances on that stuff.

OP
OP
R

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Gotta be phishing, to our knowledge nobody else has reported this type of message.
No, it was not via email or txt message like a typical phishing attempt. It was a notice from a third-party monitoring service I use and simply reported that my username and pw for this site were contained in a list of compromised authentication info posted on the dark web. Noncluded links or anything like that.

I’ve changed my pw here…

Best,
RI

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, it was not via email or txt message like a typical phishing attempt. It was a notice from a third-party monitoring service I use and simply reported that my username and pw for this site were contained in a list of compromised authentication info posted on the dark web. Noncluded links or anything like that.

I’ve changed my pw here…

Best,
RI
Got that one too, but not for this site. Was an OLD site I haven't used in 20 years.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got one from my iPhones PW manager for about 20 different sites. I don't think it was a phishing scam.

Gregket1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is a big apple-phone phishing scam going around right now. Don’t click any links given to you by email, text, or popups. Go directly to “the effected site” via their app/web site and change passwords there.

At&t was also recently hacked so if you have shared passwords between at&t and anybody else you need to change them all. See above about safe way to do that.

Greg
VP bank security, retired.