Performance upgrades on 2017 Laramie 1500 rwd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlmightyVFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all I’m interested in getting more power out of my truck. I currently have no kids other than an exhaust that was custom made.

Im looking into the usual cold air intake (S&b), air raid throttle body spacer (also contemplating jet for tuner and throttle body), tuner (looking into superchip as I like the reviews on American trucks and the install simplicity.

Those are the easy initial ones but I’m also interested in potentially a new exhaust (most power), long tube headers, and a cam.

Any recommendations on which company I should go with for any of the above parts mentioned? Also any tips for headers and cam? What can I expect from headers and cam and how much would it run me?

With all of the above listed upgrades what am I looking at in terms of cost parts first, then labor, and which ones should I do on my own (I’m fairly handy). Also how much power would this give me and how noticible would it be? Am I missing anything along these lines for upgrades?

OP
OP
AlmightyVFL

AlmightyVFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all I’m interested in getting more power out of my truck. I currently have no kids other than an exhaust that was custom made.

Im looking into the usual cold air intake (S&b), air raid throttle body spacer (also contemplating jet for tuner and throttle body), tuner (looking into superchip as I like the reviews on American trucks and the install simplicity.

Those are the easy initial ones but I’m also interested in potentially a new exhaust (most power), long tube headers, and a cam.

Any recommendations on which company I should go with for any of the above parts mentioned? Also any tips for headers and cam? What can I expect from headers and cam and how much would it run me?

With all of the above listed upgrades what am I looking at in terms of cost parts first, then labor, and which ones should I do on my own (I’m fairly handy). Also how much power would this give me and how noticible would it be? Am I missing anything along these lines for upgrades?

OP
OP
AlmightyVFL

AlmightyVFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Actually the review on superchips were not good, so I’m open to reccomendations.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'd reconmend you price out a set of ARH /Stainless Works or TSP long tube headers,a cam /lifters/gasket kit plus the cost to have your PCM unlocked and then have a custom tune created for your truck.You might decide to leave it alone and live with the power it has.
It's not cheap to mod a Dodge product

OP
OP
AlmightyVFL

AlmightyVFL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok what’s the best way to unlock the ponies on what I have? Is a tuner the way to go?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok what’s the best way to unlock the ponies on what I have? Is a tuner the way to go?

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

I started with the custom tuner to begin. I ended with Diablo tuner although HP tuners is just as good. Which is better is usually determined by who is tuning the vehicle. The problem is the cost. Price is double for 2015 and newer for the unlocked PCM.

From there Long tube headers of your choice. 1 3/4 primaries recommended from my NA experience. Intake will be good. Ditch the clutch fan and go electric is now possible. If you're running 3.55 or lower numerical value you can regear especially if you have oversize tires.

A full bolt on truck will net a lot of fun. If you have the coin the supercharger kit is the way to go. It's a lot up front but the smiles to be followed are worth it. The only replacement for displacement is boost.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We highly recommend long tube headers. Whether you leave the engine it self alone or cam it the headers will add a good bump in power and are a great supporting mod if you do cam and lifters. These mods will also need a tune. A custom tune is what you will need. Those canned tunes like superchips and all that are a waste of money. Also no need for a throttle body spacer as it is also a waste, so save the money there as well.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357