Picked up my new 2024 Ram Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Ordered what I thought was a 2023 end of May... turned into a 2024. Better off in the long run because it allowed me to get the 6'4" bed. Having a heck of a time finding running boards though. Hope it's as reliable as my 2014 I traded.

Attachments

• IMG-4381.jpg
    IMG-4381.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-4382.jpg
    IMG-4382.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-4385.jpg
    IMG-4385.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 32

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the dealer doesn't offer them? should have made that part of the purchase deal.

and i'm surprised a Limited doesn't come with the powered ones.

OP
OP
G

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
the dealer doesn't offer them? should have made that part of the purchase deal.

and i'm surprised a Limited doesn't come with the powered ones.
You had to get me started... it DID come with powered boards in early 2023. Then they somehow disappeared off late build 23's and forward. They're now part of the Level 1 group.

It doesn't have a spray in bedliner either... yet.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You had to get me started... it DID come with powered boards in early 2023. Then they somehow disappeared off late build 23's and forward. They're now part of the Level 1 group.

Nice looking ride, may wanna redo avatar info. Always check behind seat periodically for the dreaded headliner/water leak, because if water gets back there, U not wanna know.

Limited w/o powered boards. more ways to make $$$$$$$$$.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered what I thought was a 2023 end of May... turned into a 2024. Better off in the long run because it allowed me to get the 6'4" bed. Having a heck of a time finding running boards though. Hope it's as reliable as my 2014 I traded.
Nice, since I see U live in the dreaded white chit area, wat type of "shoes" U got on the new ride? If just standard SRA or equivalent junkola, I would be thinking of new shoes quick, but that is just me. I run Falken AT3WS on my truck, but alas, 18" rims, and not a snow issue here, but water/mud the bigger culprits.

OP
OP
G

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Nice, since I see U live in the dreaded white chit area, wat type of "shoes" U got on the new ride? If just standard SRA or equivalent junkola, I would be thinking of new shoes quick, but that is just me. I run Falken AT3WS on my truck, but alas, 18" rims, and not a snow issue here, but water/mud the bigger culprits.
I love the white stuff... I have the "high quality" (lowest bidder) Nexen tires on there now. I removed my Falken AT3 from my 2014 before trading. I'll likely wear the stock junk out first.
We take turns dragging my trailer up north 2x a year to snowmobile UP of Michigan - I pulled both trips last year. So not my turn for a while.

Nashveygus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like that Silver and the wheels, you got a great looking truck! Good luck finding running boards, I'm happy with my stationary setup....for sure get your spray in bed liner. So far my eTorque has been flawless at 18k, hope the same for you. Cheers

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

i meant the stationary ones....not the powered ones.

When we first leased our 2020 Limited, and they were getting it ready, it had those black wheels on it. My wife told them she would not lease it unless they swapped thee wheels out with the aluminum and black ones. What a fiasco that was. There were two salesmen out there and at least three managers. At first they said no way, they could not do it. She said "OK, c ya later"...lol...next thing they called the lot boy out and had him remove the wheels off one white RAM and swap them with the black ones on the Limited. That took about an hour and a half to straighten out...lol. With those 22" tires and the rims she wanted i priced it out to be over 3 grand.

My point is, dealers always need to make a sale and demand what you want or threaten to walk away, no matter what. Before we signed the lease and to get the best rates possible, we almost walked away three times, and each time they sweetened the deal to where we were comfortable.

My wife doesn't let dealers screw her around, even tho we all know in the end the dealers always protect themselves. At least one can walk away not feeling screwed...that's what a good dealer does for their customers.

OP
OP
G

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
i meant the stationary ones....not the powered ones.

When we first leased our 2020 Limited, and they were getting it ready, it had those black wheels on it. My wife told them she would not lease it unless they swapped thee wheels out with the aluminum and black ones. What a fiasco that was. There were two salesmen out there and at least three managers. At first they said no way, they could not do it. She said "OK, c ya later"...lol...next thing they called the lot boy out and had him remove the wheels off one white RAM and swap them with the black ones on the Limited. That took about an hour and a half to straighten out...lol. With those 22" tires and the rims she wanted i priced it out to be over 3 grand.

My point is, dealers always need to make a sale and demand what you want or threaten to walk away, no matter what. Before we signed the lease and to get the best rates possible, we almost walked away three times, and each time they sweetened the deal to where we were comfortable.

My wife doesn't let dealers screw her around, even tho we all know in the end the dealers always protect themselves. At least one can walk away not feeling screwed...that's what a good dealer does for their customers.
Believe me... the dealer was bending over backwards for me. He ordered TWO trucks in for me (one 5'7" and one 6'4"). I'm getting partner pricing because of where my wife works. He gave me $3k more for my trade than he wanted to. On top of that, the price increase from May until now was significant.

So given what he's done for me, I don't feel like he owes me any more.

At this point, i wish i had just added the level 1 pkg and been done with it.

If I could just decide between the Stainless tubular steps and the power... I like the protection the stationary steps provide... but the look with the power steps is better (and that's what the wife wants).

Big Jims 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had stationary on my first 2 trucks and went with power on this last one. Aside from looking better when not deployed they are lower than stationary when deployed, thus making entry and exit easier.
I won’t go back to stationary.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Believe me... the dealer was bending over backwards for me. He ordered TWO trucks in for me (one 5'7" and one 6'4"). I'm getting partner pricing because of where my wife works. He gave me $3k more for my trade than he wanted to. On top of that, the price increase from May until now was significant.

So given what he's done for me, I don't feel like he owes me any more.

At this point, i wish i had just added the level 1 pkg and been done with it.

If I could just decide between the Stainless tubular steps and the power... I like the protection the stationary steps provide... but the look with the power steps is better (and that's what the wife wants).
have you priced out the power steps? and i imagine if you do install them, the dealer would have to program your computer

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had stationary on my first 2 trucks and went with power on this last one. Aside from looking better when not deployed they are lower than stationary when deployed, thus making entry and exit easier.
I won’t go back to stationary.
I had the stationary steps on my 2017 and never used them to exit my truck because they were too high. So I'd end up with slush/salt on my pants in the winter time.

I have the power steps, now, and I much prefer them.

OP
OP
G

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just ordered the 82215301AC "Cab length running boards matte black". For me, it's not about the money. I thought long and hard about the power steps. I'm all about not seeing them (like the chrome) and having some protection from the crap they spread on the roads around here - the anti-skid is like rock slivers. The power boards, while very nice, do almost nothing to protect the side of the vehicle.
The stainless wheel-to-wheel side steps I had on my 2014 worked great. No chips.

Good news is these boards were very inexpensive - so if we don't like them, I'll sell 'em on eBay and buy something else.