2024 Limited Alpine 9-speaker saga continues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
So back at the dealer again today - they're were replacing the drivers window that was distorted.
Service manager loaded some kind of USB test on the speakers - it runs through tones at different frequencies (15) and then tests the amplifier. The radio displayed "Harmon" on the screen and each of the frequencies. After running through this they can check the radio for codes to indicate failing speakers or amp.
Interesting concept, but they didn't find anything.
We did compare my 2024 to a 2023 big horn (as before)... but in this case, the 2023 sounded crappy like mine - build date was May 2023 (the last month they built 23's). So my guess is FCA decided to source cheaper speakers and/or amps in mid/late 2023 (much like the power side steps disappearing from std features mid-2023).
Funny thing... my old 2014 was there. Sat in it with the service manager and listened... wow, what a difference 10 years make.

Ram Cares is useless... so much time on the phone with foreigners who just don't get it.

Will probably end up taking it to a professional car audio place to get replaced.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Yep, get it replaced!

My new Warlock I got less than 2-weeks ago had the Alpine 9-soeaker system... junk!

It's all been upgraded and is now a high fidelity detailed sound quality system that's off the charts!

Get a new head unit, too! UConnect is not worth its weight in... stones ;)

OP
OP
M

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Yep, get it replaced!

My new Warlock I got less than 2-weeks ago had the Alpine 9-soeaker system... junk!

It's all been upgraded and is now a high fidelity detailed sound quality system that's off the charts!

Get a new head unit, too! UConnect is not worth its weight in... stones ;)

So what did you replace it with? What did it cost you?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I went with high fidelity Focal speakers in the doors and dash.

2100W of Kenwood amps, 5 farad digital capacitor, 2 x 10" Audiomoble 2410 EVO subs in sealed boxes stuffed with poly-fil and a Kenwood head unit.

My installer did some wizardry and dialed in the Alpine center channel and the two roof speakers to time and align with the rest of the upgraded system.

It's amazingly great! Worth every penny.

OP
OP
M

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Well... i'm not going that far.

I'll replace speakers and the amp if necessary. But I'm not going to add huge subs and lose the storage space.

This is supposed to have a subwoofer somewhere... anyone know where?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Well... i'm not going that far.

I'll replace speakers and the amp if necessary. But I'm not going to add huge subs and lose the storage space.

This is supposed to have a subwoofer somewhere... anyone know where?
Fair enough.
Look at Focal speakers for the dash and doors.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
If you go to a professional car audio installer, do yourself a favor and just purchase your front doors and front – speakers. Forget the useless center channel and the useless headliner speakers. Have them install a four channel amp running active to your dash and your front doors. Either disconnect your rear doors are leave them on the factory head unit for rear fill. Just tune that front sound stage. It'll blow that garbage nine speaker system right out of the park.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Just swapping out the dash and door speakers with Infinity or Kicker or something else will make a massive improvement. Easy to do. No need for professional help.

zrock

Reaction score
Sorry been doing my installs for years and would never think of leaving a factory speaker in place when im replacing other speakers. For the extra few $$ and time it makes a world of difference.. Even replacing the center chan makes a nice difference instead of abandoning it..

A 2100W system there is no need for stiffening capacitors especially with today's digital amps.

OP
OP
M

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Behind the passenger seat, in the rear wall
Well... I looked for a sub behind the rear seats everywhere... there is nothing back there.
Looked from underneath the seats as well as pulling the center armrest/console down.

I have no subwoofer like my window sticker stays.

platoon2063

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 eTorque
Well... I looked for a sub behind the rear seats everywhere... there is nothing back there.
Looked from underneath the seats as well as pulling the center armrest/console down.

Should be located behind the pass. backseat. If your window sticker states "subwoofer included" then I would say you have a bone to pick with your dealer.

Danny Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2015 2500 4x4 has the 9 speaker system and it sounds great. I'm no audiophile but I like the way it sounds. My sowoofer is under the pass rear seat.

OP
OP
M

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
My 2015 2500 4x4 has the 9 speaker system and it sounds great. I'm no audiophile but I like the way it sounds. My sowoofer is under the pass rear seat.
All true for my 2014 1500 Laramie. Sound system was awesome.

This is nothing like that truck.

OP
OP
M

MD Sledhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Should be located behind the pass. backseat. If your window sticker states "subwoofer included" then I would say you have a bone to pick with your dealer.

Window sticker says "9–Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer"
That implies a separate subwoofer.

I honestly don't care. I just want it to sound half decent - at least as good as the 2023's I listened to.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Window sticker says "9–Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer"
That implies a separate subwoofer.

I honestly don't care. I just want it to sound half decent - at least as good as the 2023's I listened to.
Its there, it is actually behind the rear cab panel on the passenger side. The sub and enclosure are small and very little bass is produced by it despite it's absurd 3 voice coil set up...

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque

Pass side up on the back wall like 2ft up. You have to drop the whole back of the seat to get to it. On the limiteds there is a pull strap on the lower models no such luck. You have to remove the whole seat to get to it.

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)
I'll check again...
There is a carpet-ish panel covering the whole back wall. On the pass side, you will see some slits/holes in the panel, that's where the sub is. It's self enclosed and bolted to the wall behind that carpet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357