Pics for attention and DFW Transmission shop recs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TejasRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I've slowly been working on fixing up my dad's truck and am getting pretty close on what I have planned. About 6 months ago I got a P1740 code and started having problems with the transmission. Shifts from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th wouldn't happen unless I rev'd it well past the normal shifting rpm's then let off the gas. The transmission shop that I took it to down the street replaced the sensor and the wiring harness which seemed to fix things but about 6 months later its acting the same and has the same code. I took it back and he said it is likely the torque converter but recommended a reman transmission given current parts pricing.

I'm trying to see if I can find another shop in the Dallas/Ft Worth area that might give it a 2nd look and make sure it really needs that. Any shop recommendations?

Here are the pics from when my dad had it and how it looks now.
20190503_111159.jpg

DSCF6237_v2.JPG

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I just got back from a trip to DFW for work, we visited Phoenix Transmission in Weatherford, TX. Great guy with tons of knowledge and been in business for 40 years. He's doing a couple transmissions for our in house projects, I'd highly recommend giving him a call/visit.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like you are close to me. I am out in Haslet. Have you tried eagle transmission?

OP
OP
T

TejasRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Thanks guys. I appreciate the recommendations. I couldn't find an Eagle Transmission in Haslet so I think I'm going to give Phoenix a try first.