Transmission Troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2515x3jj

Reaction score
Ram Year
95/03
Engine
5.9/5.7
Hello to everyone looking at my post and thank you for your time. My 95 was having a little trouble shifting lately ( now that's its cold up here in North East ) so I decided to change the filter and fluid. After completing,,, the trans wants to bough down the motor by shifting to drive to soon. Aso, when up to speed and coming to a stop it stays in 3rd gear and stalls, UNLESS you shift it manually down. And you have to shift it manually up to get going. Also, there is NO kick down when putting it to the floor!!! The reason for changing is due to not going into 3rd gear when it should, it delays for 15sec or so or if you move to neutral then back. I feel the filter was installed correctly, but if not, would this be a symptom of such stupidity???? No leaks and fluid level at full mark.... Also, when cycling the key I show code #37. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.......

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I would take that into a good transmission shop and get them to have a look at it. It sounds like a lot more than a filter issue. You were having problems before the fluid change and it sounds like they are getting worse as it gets colder. Even on a simple filter change, there are a bunch of adjustments you need to do properly. Better to get it fixed before serious damage gets done.

This might help. Save it to your hard drive. If you take the pickup to a shop, print out the Transmission section and give it to them.

OP
OP

2515x3jj

Reaction score
Ram Year
95/03
Engine
5.9/5.7
Mr. DEAN2, thank you for your help on this matter!! As you suggested, I went to a shop and the gentleman said its a control issue... With it being pre-obd2 he has no sure way of helping. As per him the converter is ok... He can rebuild for $2500. but that may not fix it. The TCC cost he says is $130-150 and while in there to do the OD solenoid and 1 other one, which will be around $450 for parts. So, I believe this weekend I will drop the pan and look around as he says, and then go from there.... Thank you for your time and efforts in trying to resolve this issue!!!!!!!!!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
You're welcome and I appreciate you posting this update. Always good to see what it turns out to be. Remote diagnosis is really tough. Let us know what the final fix turns out to be please. All the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357