Pissed off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got home from picking my truck until from the dealer service department. Glad everything I took it in for was fixed but I walk around back and this is what I see next to the third break light they replaced...A NICE DENT!!!! Wtf.. I immediately called the dealership and the service advisor has left so now I have to wait for them to call me back tomorrow. IMG_0056.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am curious if they tried to use a metal panel tool to pop off the light and this happened.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
WTF! They most have some damn idiots working there, lol. It is not that hard of job, I bet I could do it blindfolded.

OP
OP
bpa88

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have no idea how they would have did it, couldn’t believe it considering it’s literally two screws to remove the light and it pops out.

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got home from picking my truck until from the dealer service department. Glad everything I took it in for was fixed but I walk around back and this is what I see next to the third break light they replaced...A NICE DENT!!!! Wtf.. I immediately called the dealership and the service advisor has left so now I have to wait for them to call me back tomorrow. View attachment 122308

Got one better. Purchase my truck, leave the dealer around 8p.m. Have to finish some paperwork, sogo to the dealership the next day, not even 24 hours with the truck. They say.. "We'll wash it for ya while we finish the paper work!". They bring her around, Go to get in it, nice ding on the drivers side door. I say, "hey, your technician dented my door.." ... "Oh don't worry we'll fix it our dent and ding guy comes every two weeks.." Three weeks later I email them and ask tell them I am not happy that their guy dings a brand new truck less than 24 hours after purchase and they haven't followed up...

We'll see.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be PISSED ! I had a similar experience with my last Ram. Brought it to the dealer for a warranty repair and when I picked it up it had two huge dings in the drivers door. Looked like the mechanic opened the door into a toolbox or something. Two times! Giant runaround from the dealer....denying they did it.

Since then....whenever I drop off any of my cars at the dealer, I make them do a walk around to inspect the car and then write that the vehicle was dropped off with no dings or scratches. They look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them to do it...but haven't had a problem since.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be PISSED ! I had a similar experience with my last Ram. Brought it to the dealer for a warranty repair and when I picked it up it had two huge dings in the drivers door. Looked like the mechanic opened the door into a toolbox or something. Two times! Giant runaround from the dealer....denying they did it.

Since then....whenever I drop off any of my cars at the dealer, I make them do a walk around to inspect the car and then write that the vehicle was dropped off with no dings or scratches. They look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them to do it...but haven't had a problem since.

This. If a dealer doesn't do this already, go find a new one. We do this at my work, my dealer does this, and my boat dealer does this. But at the end of the day, try to do everything your self lol.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine has lots of dings... i got used to it... it gets to have Arizona pinstripes soon...

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ What are arizona Pin Stripes?

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks, but........."better to be pissed off then pissed on". Seriously I hope it gets fixed properly for you.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Okay, since its bust on dealer time, I took my brand new 2012 RAM in for its first oil change and tire rotation a the dealer I bought it from. Left it overnight Friday for a 09:00 apt for Saturday work. Filled out paperwork, put in drop box envelope with keys etc.

Finally get call its ready at 2:00pm. Drive 1/2 hour to pick it up. They "forgot" the tire rotation. I wait 45 mins. Guy brings the truck around, two greasy gorilla paw prints on the hood from the goober that closed the hood AND once I got it home discover the @$$-shat stood on my color matched bumpers while changing the oil--I could tell from the swirl marks where he pivoted like a freaking ballerina. Soap and buffing fixed it, but have a little respect!

I called and chewed on the service manager over the phone, but he barely apologized, mumbled crap about busy day and employee turnover.

You know that survey that follows a visit?
I dropped a thermonuclear bomb on them. Service manager called me begging that I give them another chance.

There is a closer dealer. Been going there ever since.

Turn that over busy ******!

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
"I dropped a thermonuclear bomb on them" had me laughing . Sorry about the ****** experience though

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks! But if it's worth getting fixed, do not go in there, arms up in the air, F bombs every other word..

Just ask nicely, tell them you now see this dent and what they are going to do to fix it! Be nice and it will work out. No sense of getting all worked up over it.

Not sure how that happened. Pretty good size ding in that area of metal.

But a dentless repair guy can have that 100% gone in less than 10 minutes.

So relax and be cool. It will get fixed.

OP
OP
bpa88

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t plan on going bat sh*t crazy on them because things happen..I would just like to get it fixed. I’m more curious to see if I actually get a call today from them, as it has taken me at least 10 tries to get through to someone at the dealership every time I call. I’m holding out and hoping I get the call today but I’m sure I’ll be calling in again.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear that man. Hope they fix it quickly for you.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Seriously how did that even happen… Brake light assembly has 2 friggin screws and practically falls off. What was the dude using? Every time I read threads like this it makes me dread any time I have to bring a vehicle to a dealer LOL.

Honestly though, there are a lot of techs out there who actually do care. It’s just a bad bunch out there and the luck of the draw. Hopefully the dealer takes care of you without any resistance. The most annoying thing is having a vehicle that was otherwise fine, and will now need body work.

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a good story about damage at the dealership. Years ago, I had a 71 ford bronco in for some service. When I went to pick it up, the service manager said, just a minute, I'll have the kid run it through the wash for you. The kid jumps in and turns the key. He didn't recognise it was a three on the tree, he just saw the transfer case shifter and assumed it was an automatic. So, he turns the key and the truck starts and barrels backward into a brand new caddy. The bumper on the Bronco tore through the door skin of the caddy, yanking all the electronics wiring out with it. It turns out it wasn't actually a brand new car is was a customer's car that was in for its first oil change. How would you like to have made the call to that customer? Oh, and not so much as a scratch on my bronco.

Last edited:

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
Dealers just don’t give a crap anymore. I have bought 3 brand new vehicles in the last 4 from my local dodge dealer. I don’t know why I keep going back. My wife’s brand new journey the rear ac went out and mind you it had 200 miles on it. They left black hand prints all over the head liner. I wasn’t happy. On my next vehicle the Dodge Durango the changed the oil and left the old gasket on the filter. It leaked all over my drive way. On my current ram it got broke into and I had to have all locks replaced. Well it was covered by insurance. I gave them the original check and they had to get a supplement check. When I left I made sure everything was good. I just bought this vehicle maybe two months prior from them so they had my current cell phone number along with my wife’s. Well they misplaced the check and had a lawyer send me a letter saying I’d be sued for the money if I didn’t get them the check. I called and told them figure it out their self and hung up. Hadn’t heard back. I will never buy a vehicle from the idiots again.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree that there are a lot of tech's that do a good job and take pride in their work. I try to get to know which tech's those are and specifically request that they be the only ones that work on my truck/car. We have a couple of tech's on this forum that I would trust in a minute, just by the way the answer questions and handle themselves on the forum. The survey you get after you have work done by your dealership are really important to the dealership and I think the results of the survey determine the reimbursement rate the dealership gets from the factory, so they (most anyway) pay attention to them. I also realize that there are some tech's that could give a ****--it's just a job. I just hesitate to paint all of them with the same broad brush cause I know some really good ones.
Jay