Plasti dip grill? Will it hold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering if plasti dipping an unpainted grill will hold up. I'm afraid stone chips and bug splat along with harsh winters will damage the plasti dip.

Or should I just prime and have the grill painted? Thanks!

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got about a year out of mine, which was more than I was expecting. I did it to try out the look of a black grill before fully committing to paint.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3.5 years on mine now (75k km) , with some noticeable chips in it now where the chrome underneath is showing through, but still looks a lot better than I expected. Going to either look for a black grill or paint it in the spring.

It's also been through some pretty big temperature swings (-40C Winter, +35C Summer) through those years and held up really well despite that.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did my front and rear Ram head emblems about a year ago and only now starting to see lil bits of chrome come through. For less than the cost of a can it was worth it. I picked up a pair of black emblems to replace in the spring.