Please help identifying this prob.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deerslayer420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys sorry if I broke a rule by not posting in the right spot but hopefully not. None the less I was driving to work today and heard a loud pop. Nothing changed in the steering but found this when I arrived. Please help me identify what this part is and what happened.
Thanks Sawyer.
Ram 2004 2500 5.7

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpg
    IMG_3908.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
D

Deerslayer420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks much appreciated, I am still a newb at this.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No problem. Pretty straight forward job if you want to tackle it yourself. Your biggest problem may be getting the old one off, it looks pretty rusty, an air powered cut off tool works ,or sawzall or a torch if you have access to one.

triple111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'd be wise to do your entire suspension soon, mine is pretty ****** but that looks worse, especially considering your link broke. I would suggest doing new upper/lower control arms (or bushings and ball joints if you want to hate yourself), coils, shocks, sway bar bushings, etc. Parts are about $300 for both sides, and you might as well do it all at once if you're doing any of it.

OP
OP
D

Deerslayer420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a bumper to bumper warranty, so gonna take it to a Machenic I know personally and have him suggest what else needs to be done. Like you said the front end is not in good shape. Almost all parts are still factory and have been on Wisconsin salt for 160k miles.

Jerseystyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'd be wise to do your entire suspension soon, mine is pretty ****** but that looks worse, especially considering your link broke. I would suggest doing new upper/lower control arms (or bushings and ball joints if you want to hate yourself), coils, shocks, sway bar bushings, etc. Parts are about $300 for both sides, and you might as well do it all at once if you're doing any of it.

Are the ball joints that bad to do? My lower driver's side is bad, so I was going to replace the bunch. I'm fairly new to the dodge but I have done them on Jeeps before and the quality of the BJ Press made all the difference on those.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Popped it but good lol. Time for replacements.