PLEASE HELP!!! Throttle cable help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge1221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 318
I was going to clean my throttle body but needed to take things off before the body was completely off. When I was taking the bracket for the throttle cable and cruise cable I broke a cheap plastic connector on the throttle valve cable. Does anyone know where I can possibly buy/order one of those connectors? This would be really helpful thank you!

This is what it looks like - looking for the #3 part. But I broke the one that is on the left of #3 (I'm not sure what they are called exactly)
http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44818&stc=1&d=1423769867

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 209

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
That is your transmission TV cable #3 is cruise and the one not pictured with the barrel end is throttle.
Unfortunately I don't know that you can replace that w/o the whole cable. I would probably improvise, but if you do make sure to properly adjust it when your done

OP
OP
D

dodge1221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 318
That is your transmission TV cable #3 is cruise and the one not pictured with the barrel end is throttle.
Unfortunately I don't know that you can replace that w/o the whole cable. I would probably improvise, but if you do make sure to properly adjust it when your done

I've been searching online but do you know where can buy/order a throttle valve cable. I fixed mine but now it is having some tranny problems which I know is related to the cable. It wont shift out of second until 45 mph. But i'm hoping a new cable would help. Thank you for the help

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
MOPAR Part # 52079204 More Info
Category: Throttle Valve Cable

Rockauto has them.

OP
OP
D

dodge1221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2 318
MOPAR Part # 52079204 More Info
Category: Throttle Valve Cable

Rockauto has them.
Thanks, I was going to buy one from Rock Auto but it wouldn't come til March 2nd. So I just bought one from a parts store for about $70. Still can't believe that cable was $70.