Please help with windshield!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkattrBrane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had my windshield replaced. When i inspected the work, it looks like the windshield is a good 3/8" set "into" the crossmember that goes across the top of the truck (roofline) I can see down inbetween the painted metal and the windshield and it looks like they just gooped the black sealant in there. There are valleys that i can definitely see water pooling in there.

Can someone take a picture of the top of the windshield where the glass meets the top? I will take some pictures of what i ended up with and post them on here shortly.

Thanks!!

bqYcOPA.png

vYP2jh7.png

OgV0V4T.png

ozsXX7m.png

S1iHz4E.png

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that an aftermarket or factory glass? They were very sloppy with the urethane it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

SkattrBrane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that an aftermarket or factory glass? They were very sloppy with the urethane it looks like.

My insurance company, USAA, had them use genuine MOPAR glass. Factory glass.

Here is my issue. The "lip" is as high as my index finger. I just called USAA and they are not paying the claim until Auto Glass Fitter repairs the window correctly. USAA actually asked if i wanted a local adjuster to oversee the repair.

okJf1JQ.png

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My insurance company, USAA, had them use genuine MOPAR glass. Factory glass.

That's good. If I remember right my windshield doesn't fit perfect to the roof either but I don't think it's that bad. It's almost like he didn't put the little stops under the glass to keep the urethane from settling too much. Which is why you can see the urethane squeezing out

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SkattrBrane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's good. If I remember right my windshield doesn't fit perfect to the roof either but I don't think it's that bad. It's almost like he didn't put the little stops under the glass to keep the urethane from settling too much. Which is why you can see the urethane squeezing out

Thanks for the reply. I just went to the dealer and looked at the trucks on the lot. NONE of them have a "lip" that big. Most of them are under 1/8". Glad i have a good insurance company. They called me back and are making Auto Glass Fitters pull and replace the glass with another genuine MOPAR windshield on the glass company's dime. USAA told them it wants another windshield to be used, not the one that is set in now. They will not release the funds until I am 100% satisfied. Its why i use USAA.

moparmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice. Just make sure they don't let the new glass settle like that one did. Since the urethane they use seems to be softer than some, they should use stops between the glass and pinchweld