Power seat schematics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stanz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post here... I’m helping my father in law do a restomod to his 1977 D100. He just picked up a nice set of 2010 Laramie leather bucket seats with the middle jump seat/console. The seats are full power plus heated/cooled.

Was hoping someone could share or point us to the schematics for these seats... there are a few control modules on the seats... trying to evaluate whether these modules can work standalone without other interfacing modules that the 1977 clearly doesn’t have or if we need to bypass and run power directly to the switches/motors with our own relays.

thanks in advance!

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First post here... I’m helping my father in law do a restomod to his 1977 D100. He just picked up a nice set of 2010 Laramie leather bucket seats with the middle jump seat/console. The seats are full power plus heated/cooled.

Was hoping someone could share or point us to the schematics for these seats... there are a few control modules on the seats... trying to evaluate whether these modules can work standalone without other interfacing modules that the 1977 clearly doesn’t have or if we need to bypass and run power directly to the switches/motors with our own relays.

thanks in advance!

Alldiydata.com will have the diagrams for your year model...You can sometimes pick up a coupon through Google and save on the subscription

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

thanks in advance!
You should be able to just provide power. I would consider removing the airbags from the seats too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

stanz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be able to just provide power. I would consider removing the airbags from the seats too.

It’s kinda tricky... the modules tend to not work without modification or everything else upstream connected. Learned this years ago putting Mark VIII seats into a Ford truck...

Last resort is to run the 12v to the switches but then I need to re-engineer all of the relays

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It’s kinda tricky... the modules tend to not work without modification or everything else upstream connected. Learned this years ago putting Mark VIII seats into a Ford truck...

Last resort is to run the 12v to the switches but then I need to re-engineer all of the relays
When I added a 4th gen power seat to my Express, all that was needed was the power wires. If you just want the function of motion, power should suffice.

OP
OP
S

stanz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I added a 4th gen power seat to my Express, all that was needed was the power wires. If you just want the function of motion, power should suffice.

ok great! That’s promising. He didn’t get the pigtail for plugging into the module so we’re searching for that now

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
ok great! That’s promising. He didn’t get the pigtail for plugging into the module so we’re searching for that now
@Mpgrimm2 (a forum member and vendor) can likely help you out with the wiring. He might even be able to sell you the connectors you're looking for.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
The module is just for the heated\cooled function, which I'm pretty sure you're not going to able to get to work due to the '77 not having a CAN bus network. You can get the power adjustment working with just power and ground. There are a few threads on here on replacing seats that identify the wires, but it may take a while searching and reading to find them, but they are here. I haven't found a 2010 service manual, but here's a link to a 2009 factory manual with wiring diagrams, I've used it on mine and its been virtually identical so far

Wiring diagram 4WD