Help needed. Manual to Power seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letorc87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Classic Warlock
Engine
Hey all, new here. Picked up a 2022 Classic Warlock few months back. Love the truck, hate the seats.
I've been reading these forums for a bit and know these seat swaps have been talked about to death, but I can't find the exact info I'm looking for.

Looking at a nice set of Laramie seats from a 2014 truck. Looking to ONLY get the power adjustment working. Don't care about heat/ventilation or memory.

Pics of the harnesses under my seat attached. What will I need to do to get the adjustments working?
IMG_0581.jpgIMG_0586.jpgIMG_0585.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey all, new here. Picked up a 2022 Classic Warlock few months back. Love the truck, hate the seats.
I've been reading these forums for a bit and know these seat swaps have been talked about to death, but I can't find the exact info I'm looking for.

Looking at a nice set of Laramie seats from a 2014 truck. Looking to ONLY get the power adjustment working. Don't care about heat/ventilation or memory.

Pics of the harnesses under my seat attached. What will I need to do to get the adjustments working?
View attachment 528706View attachment 528707View attachment 528708
It's been a while since I did mine but I think you are good already. I think that big red wire in the yellow connector is the 12V for the power seat adjustments. Maybe @Mpgrimm2 can confirm my take. He can also tell you what would be needed to get other features working should you choose to do so in the future and make a custom harness for you if you need it.

OP
OP
L

letorc87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Classic Warlock
Engine
Thought I’d write an update for anyone looking to upgrade their Classic Warlock like I did.

The Laramie seats we’re indeed plug and play for the power adjustments. Heat/ventilation and memory do not work.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 29

flipzkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello,

Newbie here. So, do the jacks remain under the front passenger seat? Also, if I purchase the seat base 68157563AC, seems like I would need a couple more parts like the side cover with the controls. I'm not sure what I would need for the reclining part of the seat either. TIA for any help/advise.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello,

Newbie here. So, do the jacks remain under the front passenger seat? Also, if I purchase the seat base 68157563AC, seems like I would need a couple more parts like the side cover with the controls. I'm not sure what I would need for the reclining part of the seat either. TIA for any help/advise.
An easy and cheap way is to get one from a salvage yard with all the pieces already. I think I paid $240 then turned around and sold my manual seat for $200. You can even swap the seat covers/cushions if the upholstery is different.

flipzkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
An easy and cheap way is to get one from a salvage yard with all the pieces already. I think I paid $240 then turned around and sold my manual seat for $200. You can even swap the seat covers/cushions if the upholstery is different.
I just picked up a passenger side Laramie seat on FB Marketplace. So far, I've removed the lower seat cover and cushion with the ventilation fan. I've started removing the seat cover for the upper portion and once I have everything off. I'll have to clean the whole assembly a good bit as its rusted pretty bad. I'm planning on transferring the existing seat assembly onto the Laramie base so that everything matches, but unsure if I can transfer my existing seats, upper/lower to just the Laramie base or if I will need to use the whole frame on the Laramie seat to have the power reclining feature as well.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just picked up a passenger side Laramie seat on FB Marketplace. So far, I've removed the lower seat cover and cushion with the ventilation fan. I've started removing the seat cover for the upper portion and once I have everything off. I'll have to clean the whole assembly a good bit as its rusted pretty bad. I'm planning on transferring the existing seat assembly onto the Laramie base so that everything matches, but unsure if I can transfer my existing seats, upper/lower to just the Laramie base or if I will need to use the whole frame on the Laramie seat to have the power reclining feature as well.
That I'm unsure of. Mine was power only. IN addition, if you plan on using the cooling feature your current seat cushions/covers may not be compatible with ventilation.

Warlock656

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought I’d write an update for anyone looking to upgrade their Classic Warlock like I did.

The Laramie seats we’re indeed plug and play for the power adjustments. Heat/ventilation and memory do not work.
Hey. I’m trying to do the same thing to my warlock. My driver seat is power and passenger is manual.. but what did you have to do on the manual passenger side?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat