Primus IQ Brake Controller Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
So I just installed the Primus IQ brake controller. It's pretty straight forward. But I noticed when parked it rests at 3.6. Then as I drive it goes up to 8.4 - 8.6. When squeeze the manual override it jumps to 12. When I brake, it goes down to 2.4-2.6 then back up to 3.6 when fully stopped.

So my brake controller is working in reverse!! According to the instructions, the numbers should go higher and I decelerate and should drop as I drive. It's installed according to the instructions. Anyone have any experience with this controller? Any tips?

As I said, it's a straight forward install. Unless there is a wire switched in the harness or something, I can't figure out why it would work in reverse. I used the gain control and turned it all the way down. Sure enough, I can take off from a stop no problems. Turn the gain back up and I can feel the weight of the trailer more as I accelerate and the truck is working harder. So it is working in reverse .

Any help would be great!!