Probably simple question about tire fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure this question has been answered, but I can't find it in my search and I'm hoping that someone can just chime in with a quick answer and we can pretend someone didn't post another question about tires...

I have a 2016 Tradesman 4x4 and purchased some 275/70 R18 BFG KO2 mounted on a set of 18x9 wheels with a +18 offset. I do not have a lift or level at this time.

Anyone know if I'm likely to get any rub with this setup? I know that the OEM wheels range between +15 to +25 offset and some trim levels come with 33" tires (aside from the Rebel), so I'm thinking I'm probably safe, but I figured it's best to ask the experts...

Thoughts?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here is a great site to see how your tire size options will work.

Plug in the stock size or current size tire, then the new size, along with the wheel offset data. Then compare the results and see what the dimensional height, inside & outside changes are.

It would be good to know what your current clearances are at the top, back & front of the tires pointed forwards and in full steering lock right & left.

Wheel Offset Calculator

OP
OP
7Kings

7Kings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put them on today and I'm happy to say that there is no rubbing or fitment issues at all. At full lock, the rear of the tire is close to the liner (probably 1-1.5"), but I don't expect it to be any sort of concern.