problems after head swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christafurjames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi V8
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 5.7l V8 I had to replace a head on. I got everything put back together and had three codes come up. On was my electronic throttle sensor, one was my temperature sensor and the other was my 4WD was temporarily unavailable. I had a dead battery which took care of two of those sensors, but I had to replace the temp sensor because it would not clear. Once I got these three codes to clear, I had a P2311 code pop up, I noticed that I had a bad coil pack on cylinder 4. I replaced the coil pack and the code cleared. Now my truck runs as if it has a misfire but no codes are coming up. When driving, If i ease on the throttle it runs ok but you can still feel the engine missing as if it has a misfire. If you give it a decent amount of throttle, it is very sluggish and seems to loose a lot of power. anyone know what could be causing this issue?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would start with unplugging the coil packs one by one. When you find the one that doesn't change anything, you've identified the cylinder causing the miss. Pull the coil pack and inspect, maybe you lost a spring or such.