Programmer for California??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
Does anyone know of a programmer that I can use for my 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7? I mainly wanna just adjust my speedo for my larger tires. It seems that all the programmers that can do this are illegal to sell in California.
Please don't say move out of California. That is our ultimate plan but my wife and I are tied to this **** hole state until we retire in a few years. So I'm stuck for the time being.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No programmers that I am aware of have a CARB certificate.

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know of a programmer that I can use for my 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7? I mainly wanna just adjust my speedo for my larger tires. It seems that all the programmers that can do this are illegal to sell in California.
Please don't say move out of California. That is our ultimate plan but my wife and I are tied to this **** hole state until we retire in a few years. So I'm stuck for the time being.

Yes Diablo has a Carb Legal 50 state tuners.

http://www.diablosport.com/intune-i3-performance-tuning/

You have to buy the Carb 50 State version.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe Superchips may offer a CA legal programmer. However, if all you want to do is calibrate the larger tires, I believe there may be stand alone speedo calibrators you can purchase, much cheaper. Have you looked around for that?

Gotcha on the CA ********, lol. Lived there 13 years, left 12 years ago and never going back. I can confirm for you that you will be happier once you get out, hang in there!

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can't you just buy it and put it on anyway? Or does California Go door to door checking for tuners, guns, and heterosexuals?

I just installed a diablosport t1000 to fix my speedo...

Once loaded you dont have to leave it plugged in... so no way to know its there... and you can choose to just modify the factory tune so nothing is changed other than the tire size

That said one should comply with laws of each state... legal disclaimer

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't you just buy it and put it on anyway? Or does California Go door to door checking for tuners, guns, and heterosexuals?

Lmao. I have wondered how that is enforced. Do you get to the end of your purchase order and then an "order terminated" page pops up because you entered a CA mailing address. If not, then I agree lasher would be good to go. Otherwise, ship to a family member who then ships to you to get it over the boarder. We know sneaking across the CA boarder is no problemo.

Anyway lasher, there are a few stand alone calibrators for your truck. Here is one of a few samples:

Hypertech model# 752503
https://www.xtremediesel.com/Hypertech-752503-Speedometer-Calibrator.aspx

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
They won't ship it to a California address. Can't even buy frickin bullets here anymore.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
Lmao. I have wondered how that is enforced. Do you get to the end of your purchase order and then an "order terminated" page pops up because you entered a CA mailing address. If not, then I agree lasher would be good to go. Otherwise, ship to a family member who then ships to you to get it over the boarder. We know sneaking across the CA boarder is no problemo.

Anyway lasher, there are a few stand alone calibrators for your truck. Here is one of a few samples:

Hypertech model# 752503
https://www.xtremediesel.com/Hypertech-752503-Speedometer-Calibrator.aspx
At the bottom of the Hypertech model is states:
CA Residents: Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
I believe Superchips may offer a CA legal programmer. However, if all you want to do is calibrate the larger tires, I believe there may be stand alone speedo calibrators you can purchase, much cheaper. Have you looked around for that?

Gotcha on the CA ********, lol. Lived there 13 years, left 12 years ago and never going back. I can confirm for you that you will be happier once you get out, hang in there!
Superchips only supports up to 2016 models

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
They won't ship it to a California address. Can't even buy frickin bullets here anymore.
No bullets? No thanks. Maybe you could buy it as a gift for a friend in another state and have it shipped to them. Then they might have to ship it to you to hold for them until they have time to come get it from you while they move, or are deployed, or many other excuses, I mean reasons.;)

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the bottom of the Hypertech model is states:
CA Residents: Not legal for sale or use in California on pollution controlled motor vehicles.

Wow, I have not bothered to see if those calibrators do anything other than adjust the speedo to accommodate tire sizes. If that is all they do, making them illegal for CA is quite Draconian to say the least. I am curious if they would refuse shipping to you. As for the tuners, it may be a little while longer before they have them available for your model. I can't believe how difficult this is for you to obtain, absolutely ridiculous.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
I'm trying the ebay route. Some of the smaller sellers may not have an issue or know the California ban.

OP
OP
lasher10

lasher10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i6 Diesel
Looks like the eBay route is going to work. Programmer shipped and I have a tracking number. Ordered the Hypertech Speedo Calibration Unit. Says I can pay to upgrade it via internet download to Max Energy Power programmer. Maybe I’ll do that when I move out of California. ;)

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I guess everyone is comfortable with what they're used to, but I could not go from living somewhere else to living in a place like that. It's bad enough all the regulations and laws I have to follow here. I do not want to go where it is any worse. Glad to see you came up with a way to get it done.