Protecting pinchweld area after removal of spats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've got a 4" lift with Bushwacker Pocket flares & 35's. In going this route the installer removed the black protective mouldings (Mopar calls them spats).

They did leave the one on the truck just in front of the rear tire, so that got me thinking......can I adapt the rear one behind the rear tire so that it covers the portion of the pinchweld area.

Has anyone cut/adapted the rear spat in order to fit it back on the truck with the pocket flares?

Another quandary I'm looking at for someone with a great solution is the removal of the front wheel spat leaves two bolts/nuts on the body by the pinchweld right in the line of fire for the winter elements. Anyone got any novel ideas to protect that area.

I know mud guards are the solution to all of these issues, but I'm not a huge fan of them & won't get them if I don't have to.

Front%201_zpsneldiyyv.jpg

Front%202_zpsnvqvtqvp.jpg

Attachments

• Mopar Rear Spat 05182364AB_5.jpg
    Mopar Rear Spat 05182364AB_5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

zstampe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You probably can. My lund flares cover that area though. Weird the bushwackers don't

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
now that i see a picture that is weird, even my ebay special flares cover that area

OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I could adapts the front spat to cover those bolts....so I'll just grease them up to protect them from the winter.

I was able to adapt the rear spat by cutting it with a dremel tool.

Now it fits between the rear fender flare & the rear bumper.

IMG_0495_zpscerxagg4.jpg

IMG_0496_zps1rh2vcmv.jpg

IMG_0499_zpsgxfgm8iw.jpg