QA1 shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good info, its a start.... I'm impressed with how the ride is with the 2/4 belltech but it definitely is no performance spring. Hopefully one day someone will come out with a performance rated spring or coil over for these trucks. But I don't think there is enough market for that to support the R&D to produce them.
I doubt anyone is going to make one.

You can spec one out however. It's easy if you have coilovers especially. There are a lot of spring manufacturers that can make custom length springs and what not. They just aren't cheap.

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good info, its a start.... I'm impressed with how the ride is with the 2/4 belltech but it definitely is no performance spring. Hopefully one day someone will come out with a performance rated spring or coil over for these trucks. But I don't think there is enough market for that to support the R&D to produce them.

I was told 3 years ago there was not a large enough market froma rep at Eibach. How large do they need?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive thought about contacting Don Thuren at Thuren Fabrication, he makes custom and progressive rate springs for the Hemi and Cummins 4x4's HD's and they usually are around $600ish. I'm pretty sure that if there is enough market for it he would most likely produce them on a as ordered basis.

I'll have to look up his old contact info and see what he says.

15ramrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive thought about contacting Don Thuren at Thuren Fabrication, he makes custom and progressive rate springs for the Hemi and Cummins 4x4's HD's and they usually are around $600ish. I'm pretty sure that if there is enough market for it he would most likely produce them on a as ordered basis.

I'll have to look up his old contact info and see what he says.

id buy from Thuren.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id buy from Thuren.

well maybe If I can get enough interest from the forum I can send it to him. Its been years since I talked to him, hopefully he remembers me, but either way I'm going to see what can be done.. I didn't even think about it till this spring rate conversation. I've just kept searching for soil over or other performance spring options.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No go, Don emailed me back this morning and he is playing with the new ram changes to the 4x4 and sticking with that... I wish I knew how to make springs...