shocks and level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02ram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
I was wondering what level kit I can run on my 2016 Laramie Power Wagon. I have been doing some research but can't find a solid direction. I have a decent amount of rake on my truck and would like to make it look better. I plan on running 35 12.50 17 on it. the rear wont need any lift. I am also looking for the right shocks as well. Are the factory Bilstiens the best for these?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could do the ICON front coils and shocks. That will provide 2.5" of front lift and provide better performance as well. Message me if you would like a quote or if you are interested in other options

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could do the ICON front coils and shocks. That will provide 2.5" of front lift and provide better performance as well. Message me if you would like a quote or if you are interested in other options
2.5” on a pw?! Thats too much without doing the rear too.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thuren 1.5” with shocks is a good choice. That’s what I’m running on mine. If you have a 3” rake then you must have something in the rear already because 1.5 will level you out if stock. Might want to look above your rear springs and see if you have blocks above them. That’s the only way you’re going to have 3” of difference front to back. Or you have longer springs

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have about 3” diff front to rear on my PW. I was looking at the Thuren 1.5”. Any thoughts
Yea what buckeyexx said…3” rake is way more than normal on a power wagon. Usually the thuren 1.5” springs will level it out very well…or almost make it look like the ass is low.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have about 3” diff front to rear on my PW. I was looking at the Thuren 1.5”. Any thoughts
I have the Thuren 1.5" front coils on my '16. After installing a heavier ARE bed cap (had contractor boxes inside the flip up side windows) I wound up putting 1" spacers on the rear to level it. In any case, 1.5" in the front should be plenty to level it out and would think any more would be too much.
Most people tend to be on the Thuren or Carli bandwagon on this page and say you have to spend $600+ for a level and shocks or you will "ruin" a Power Wagon. Granted, I have Thuren front springs and shocks but don't think a typical small coils spacer would cause any issues. There are several people who run leveling spacers on the front of a PW with no issues, but you don't hear from them on this page because they get beat up about it.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Thuren 1.5" front coils on my '16. After installing a heavier ARE bed cap (had contractor boxes inside the flip up side windows) I wound up putting 1" spacers on the rear to level it. In any case, 1.5" in the front should be plenty to level it out and would think any more would be too much.
Most people tend to be on the Thuren or Carli bandwagon on this page and say you have to spend $600+ for a level and shocks or you will "ruin" a Power Wagon. Granted, I have Thuren front springs and shocks but don't think a typical small coils spacer would cause any issues. There are several people who run leveling spacers on the front of a PW with no issues, but you don't hear from them on this page because they get beat up about it.
I agree. You could by with a spacer without issue. I did that on my last 2500 and never had an issue with it. I was going to go with a proryde kit on this one but decided to go Thuren for the better ride with the springs and shocks. The proryde kit is adjustable from 1.5-2.5” and seems to be well made.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pw dont have 3" rake. its only about 2". leave the springs alone if you tow or haul anything as even a few hundreds pounds starts to compress the rear and youll be sagging badly. or add a 1" spacer to the rear with thuren front coils

slingblade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
When I purchased my '16, it had a spacer for the factory springs and the shocks. The ride was alright; Thuren's springs and Bilstein shocks made a huge difference. I'm unsure how it works, but the King stabilizer is just as advertised. The truck came with 35s, and I recently purchased a new set and no rubbing with the spacers or the springs.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Rear spacer no issues. Thuren sells a rear spacer. The front spacers “work” they are just not great. Thuren is not a lift kit. It’s a suspension. Once you have tuned suspensions you’ll never want stock stuff again. Even stock pw leaves a lot of performance on the table when it comes to stock suspension.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This what it looks like with Thuren front 1.5 fox front kit and 1” spacer in the stock rear coils on fox 2.0 shocks.

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpeg
    IMG_1535.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1536.jpeg
    IMG_1536.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 22

sduncan86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 22 PW, but you should get the same result. I did the Thuren 1.5 level kit with the fox 2.0 shocks and their track bar. When finished and after driving, the front sat 1/4 in lower than the rear. The rear is factory. I added 37s and have the slightest bit of rub on the rear of the front fender well. I used Raceline Monster beadlocks 17x8.5 with +12 offset. For your 35s, I’d go with the Thuren kit and Fox shocks. If you need to haul heavy and are worried about rear sag, add the airbags and the lower cradles.

Attachments

• IMG_9682.jpeg
    IMG_9682.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 12

2Tallguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
I was wondering what level kit I can run on my 2016 Laramie Power Wagon. I have been doing some research but can't find a solid direction. I have a decent amount of rake on my truck and would like to make it look better. I plan on running 35 12.50 17 on it. the rear wont need any lift. I am also looking for the right shocks as well. Are the factory Bilstiens the best for these?
Thuren soft 2" coils and their tuned Fox shocks. Give them a call and discuss it with them. Top notch engineering and production quality.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rear spacer no issues. Thuren sells a rear spacer. The front spacers “work” they are just not great. Thuren is not a lift kit. It’s a suspension. Once you have tuned suspensions you’ll never want stock stuff again. Even stock pw leaves a lot of performance on the table when it comes to stock suspension.
To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed after installing the front Thuren coils and Fox 2.0 shocks. Not because they are bad, just that they didn't really make a noticeable difference driving down the road. Think I was just expecting too much because of all the hype it gets. After some more seat time I do think it rides and handles better at higher speeds off-road, but unfortunately that is a very small percent of the miles it gets.
As comment from a different post, the Thuren front coils are actually stiffer on a PW versus the stock ones. It states that right on the Thuren website.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed after installing the front Thuren coils and Fox 2.0 shocks. Not because they are bad, just that they didn't really make a noticeable difference driving down the road. Think I was just expecting too much because of all the hype it gets. After some more seat time I do think it rides and handles better at higher speeds off-road, but unfortunately that is a very small percent of the miles it gets.
As comment from a different post, the Thuren front coils are actually stiffer on a PW versus the stock ones. It states that right on the Thuren website.
I dunno. Mine had the predator kit and 3.0 all the way around. It’s smooth and comfy on road or dirt. But shines in the dirt. I think people put this stuff on forgetting that it’s still a 1ton truck and heavy. “Soft” ride is subjective. I don’t want a soft ride. I want a tuned ride.