Quad to Switchback Projector headlights Parking light message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kschick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There have been some similar threads about this issue but nothing that matched my issue exactly. I have a 2016 Bighorn Ram 2500. I originally had the stock quad headlights and then bought some black projector headlights to replace them with. I liked the projector headlights but prefer chrome so I ordered switchback projector headlights. Once installed, all the lights worked as they should, however when the lights are turned on and I use the turn signal, a ‘running light out’ message is displayed on the dash. A few seconds after the turn signal is cancelled, the message goes away. I tried wiring an 8 ohm resistor on one of the running lights, however that did not solve the issue. When the turn signal is engaged, the running light turns off, however there is still constant power to that wire before it goes into the headlight itself. Any input/ideas would be much appreciated.