Question about sport mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Are the painted mirrors with the puddle light auto tilt? Looking at upgrading my black Big Horn mirrors

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My sport don’t auto tilt. Not sure if the option would be there or not

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine dont either.. 2012 sport

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No the tilt feature is only on the chrome backed mirrors on the Longhorn. There is an extra wire( a white one) needed in the harness of the mirror to make them tilt. I think you also have to have the memory seat functions.

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
No the tilt feature is only on the chrome backed mirrors on the Longhorn. There is an extra wire( a white one) needed in the harness of the mirror to make them tilt. I think you also have to have the memory seat functions.

Is it only the longhorn mirrors?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought some sport mirrors had the capability but not sure.

Longhorn, limited and harvest edition mirrors will auto tilt. Harvest edition trucks dont have the feature enabled from the factory but I confirmed the mirrors can do it (installed a set onto my big horn and enabled through alfaobd)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I thought some sport mirrors had the capability but not sure.

Longhorn, limited and harvest edition mirrors will auto tilt. Harvest edition trucks dont have the feature enabled from the factory but I confirmed the mirrors can do it (installed a set onto my big horn and enabled through alfaobd)

I have a set of Laramie longhorn donor mirrors, do I need anything else to make them work besides Alphaobd? Are they plug in play and then the codes on?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of Laramie longhorn donor mirrors, do I need anything else to make them work besides Alphaobd? Are they plug in play and then the codes on?
What trim level is your truck?

I'm not sure ALL trucks have the correct door modules from the factory but I think there is a very good chance they are, unless it's a really basic trim level.

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
What trim level is your truck?

I'm not sure ALL trucks have the correct door modules from the factory but I think there is a very good chance they are, unless it's a really basic trim level.

I have a big Horn, it had all the correct working for the AC seats. I just plugged them in and used Alpha. Mine came with power folding mirrors, and heated seat and steering wheel

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a big Horn, it had all the correct working for the AC seats. I just plugged them in and used Alpha. Mine came with power folding mirrors, and heated seat and steering wheel

Then I would say you are good to go. I have a 2017 Big Horn as well, removed my power folding mirrors, added the Harvest edition mirrors, updated the settings in Alfa and I was good to go.

I think it took me about 10-15 minutes per mirror.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The white plug has to have 8 wires if you want auto tilt... seems like only the chrome ones have the 8 wires, all the other ones I've seen only have 4 wires.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always just ask the seller for a pic of the wiring harness ends. Im pretty sure there are some Sport mirror configs that have the correct wiring but they are hard to find.

Chrome caps will most likely have it, but only if they are OEM, which is why I just ask for pics of the wiring in case someone is trying to pass off aftermarket chrome mirrors as OEM.

OP
OP
R

rroche1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I always just ask the seller for a pic of the wiring harness ends. Im pretty sure there are some Sport mirror configs that have the correct wiring but they are hard to find.

Chrome caps will most likely have it, but only if they are OEM, which is why I just ask for pics of the wiring in case someone is trying to pass off aftermarket chrome mirrors as OEM.

it has the white plug with 8 wires, how do i know if i need anything else to make them work?

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
I'm in the middle of upgrading my mirrors to the chrome limited ones... What exactly is "auto tilt"? And what are "memory" mirrors?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the middle of upgrading my mirrors to the chrome limited ones... What exactly is "auto tilt"? And what are "memory" mirrors?

The factory mirrors that have memory capability (they link to memory seats and keyfobs to auto-adjust position based on what keyfob is used to unlock the truck) also have a feature where they will automatically tilt downward in reverse, to help see where you are going.

Even if you dont have the full memory setup, AlfaOBD can be used to enable the auto tilting functionality. And if your truck already has the correct door modules, with the factory memory mirrors in place the auto-tilt will work regardless of the rest of the memory stuff.

Reactions: JB1