Question about suspension on a Dakota.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkgnite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry for posting on here but my job seems to have issues with all other forums. I have a 2000 dakota 2wd v6 with new shocks and tires. I'm getting a rapid bouncing motion from the rear of the truck on certain parts of the road no matter what speed I go. I have tried 3 sets of tires and 3 sets of shocks. I get the same bouncing over the same stretch of road, it will get bad enough to where it sounds like your beating on your chest when you talk. Wondering if you guys have ever had a problem like this?
I noticed my clamps on the leaf springs are not like this. they are 90% open and just slide up and down the length of the spring. Should I clamp them back down?
0712st_25_z+2001_dodge_dakota+rear_shocks.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seeing Ground Force shocks makes me think it's lowered. If you have blocks on there, you might have compromised your leaf spring integrity. I did this on my '99 R/T. I had to buy Hotchkis leafs for it to fix the problem.

Web.jpg

This is with 3" Ground Force coils upfront and hotchkis leafs in the rear.

OP
OP
D

darkgnite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only pic i could find lol.

Nope its a stock dakota. The only way i could show you how much it shakes is the demo video for ***** bar lol. Willybar ride stabilizer reduce bed bounce video - YouTube basically when my kids are in back they shake like the baby. Tires have been road force balanced before and now they have even been replaced. I did notice though that they are sport tires and rated at 2100 pounds each. Seems like overkill to me for a dakota.