Question on undercarriage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jokrswylde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I plasti-dipped my chrome exhaust tips this weekend. What should have been a simple, quick deal turned out to be a bigger ordeal than it needed to be. The bolts and nuts holding the tips on looked like a shipwreck after the coral has taken hold...just nasty with rust and oxidization. A little liquid wrench and a LOT of grown man grunting and I was able to get them off, but it got me thinking about what else could be an issue under there.

The truck is a 2016 sport 4x4 from the great white north, eh. I fully expected some oxidization, but my (admittedly brief) inspection at the dealer showed that everything looked pretty good considering the salt I imagine this thing has been in. Is there anything specific I should pb blast or consider replacing altogether? Obviously the upper and lower shock bolts, as I will be leveling at some point, but anything else? Or should I just put a hazmat suit on and liquid wrench everything under there?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Fluid film the entire undercarriage.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-fluid-film-your-truck.111020/

Corey (HEMI395) started a KILLER thread fir us salt belt guys. Handful of us have been doing this for quite some time. There are plenty of other high-quality rust preventive products to spray under your truck. Fluid Film is just a common one.

But there is only one that I can think of that you should never use.

Ziebart!

Stay away from that stuff.

Anyway visit the thread that I linked for some good info.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Last edited: