Ra 5.0 to 8.4 radio bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freezie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 hemi
i noticed this at the bottom , so i wonder it it will have the brushed aluminum look to it ...

"ABS Plastic - Matched to factory fit & color finish"

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well in the interest of blowing this thread up...
20141027_152328_zpsf5slz3sh.jpg

You know what that is don't you...
It's my 8.4 radio in my 5.0 dash.
If you've got the steering wheel audio control then you don't need their bezel at all.

Ram3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Sport CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where did you get that bezel from? cgeorgemo

Ram3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram Sport CCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh i have a 2012 sport will the upgrade work?

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone should buy the Bezel to figure out how they tapped into the volume... copy it, and send it back.....

Someone that isn't me. Lol.

edit: Just saw that won't be available until December. I'm sure someone else will figure it out before then

OP
OP
Rherman1

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
No it wont unless you have the same A/C set up on your truck now, or you can make a custom harness and let us all know how to work it up!

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Shouldn't this bezel work? The plug in the back are the same ones I have in my black edition ram express

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321539619694

Sent from my iPhone7++

I took a look at a couple more pictures online of the back of the bezels. I'm convinced the plugs for the climate control are different and there is an extra plug on the 8.4 bezel that we don't have at all.
I have one on the way to me now but I don't think it is going to work. I'm not willing to rewire my AC/Heat and Radio controls in order to get the stuff working when I already have Steering Wheel Audio Controls for the volume and a solution that lets me control my AC/Heat by putting the old bezel back on the dash.

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I took a look at a couple more pictures online of the back of the bezels. I'm convinced the plugs for the climate control are different and there is an extra plug on the 8.4 bezel that we don't have at all.
I have one on the way to me now but I don't think it is going to work. I'm not willing to rewire my AC/Heat and Radio controls in order to get the stuff working when I already have Steering Wheel Audio Controls for the volume and a solution that lets me control my AC/Heat by putting the old bezel back on the dash.

I found out that there is additional parts needed for the climate control system like a blend door and motor and temperature sensors that I'm not willing to spend money on when putting the old bezel back on works for everything I care about as long as you have the steering wheel audio controls.

Agron1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I really like the idea, but that bezel is straight garbage.....I checked the website and they will also offer it with the navigation as well just will put you in the hole for $1000.00:jawdrop:

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I emailed them and that bezel is unfinished and unpainted.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I emailed them and that bezel is unfinished and unpainted.
Yep I've been in communication with Tyhler their sales manager and this is what he said about the button's styling.
The Button will be black.

The Trim color will be matte black. Factory finish.

I went ahead an pre-ordered one of the bezels because my wife "hates" that there isn't a control for the volume by the radio.

skosturram

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 ram 2500
Engine
Yep I've been in communication with Tyhler their sales manager and this is what he said about the button's styling.

I went ahead an pre-ordered one of the bezels because my wife "hates" that there isn't a control for the volume by the radio.

I got email back from tyhler

stating the volume controls are plug and play,

hopefully you shed some light when you get yours in ,

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Anyone that preordered this bezel, get it yet? If not did you receive any info from them stating when you will? The website now states JAN used to say DEC, guess they are having issues? Is it a manufacturing issue or is it a actual problem with them working? Anyone know, Cgeorgemo ?

Liv2race

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was going to email them asking if for an extra fee they can put on a knob instead of the switch. Anyone ask that?

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anyone that preordered this bezel, get it yet? If not did you receive any info from them stating when you will? The website now states JAN used to say DEC, guess they are having issues? Is it a manufacturing issue or is it a actual problem with them working? Anyone know, Cgeorgemo ?

I've gotten an email that says the prototype was back and the bezels are now in production.

"Thanks again for your order & patience. The Ram bezel prototypes are in and the bezels are in production. We should hopefully see the kits later this month. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions!"

I was going to email them asking if for an extra fee they can put on a knob instead of the switch. Anyone ask that?
I didn't think to ask that but I know that at $300 I'm already paying about as much as I am willing to pay on this.
With my steering wheel controls I'm really just getting a volume switch on the dash.