Ra 5.0 to 8.4 radio bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone get the OEMautoparts bezel with volume control yet???

I don't think anyone is enough crazy to pay the 150$ they ask for a switch. I mean , they sell that switch for more than I paid for the 8.4 radio.

I will use my steering control until someone find a way to use oem bezel and button, or they lower their price dramatically on their custom bezel and switch

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't think anyone is enough crazy to pay the 150$ they ask for a switch. I mean , they sell that switch for more than I paid for the 8.4 radio.

I will use my steering control until someone find a way to use oem bezel and button, or they lower their price dramatically on their custom bezel and switch
I'm that crazy. I'm just waiting on the bezel with the knob to come out. I've already paid and eveything.
Happy wife happy life is going to require a volume control on the dash...

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
They actually took down the statement they were working on the rotary knob, and posted a picture of the production rocker switch bezel, which is shipping now. Wonder if they abandoned the rotary switch deal?

bezel.jpg

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm having trouble finding exactly what it would take, but if you could find a toggle with on/off/on that is spring loaded into the off position (only in the on positions when manually turned there) it would be a direct replacement to the toggle. At which point, it wouldn't be too difficult to mount a factory knob to it so that it would blend right in.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I talked to the owner today. They're aggressively working on the rotary one. I just installed the rocker switch panel with the 8.4AN radio. Works great.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Did you take any pics of the t harness? Also did you note the pin locations for the switch into the radio connector?

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
No I didn't take pics of the t harness. It's got a bunch of wires in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizjettech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks just fine. Not sure why everyone is making such a big deal out of this rocker switch......congrats on the install!

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Biz, the reason most do not like it is:

1. That all the other knobs are rotary
2. It looks cheap, at least they could have used a chrome on for some contrast.
3. Since they found a way to access the volume why did they not include the screen off, mute, and back buttons (which are not available thru SWC)
4. At 150.00 just the plastic bezel which is ridiculous, they tack on another 150.00 for a 5.00 radio shack style rocker switch, and a few wires and connectors. Grossly over priced.
5. They have been promising a rotary switch for months but WTFIT?

I'm sure I speak for most but not all of us, I bought the non volume one and I like it, I know it was priced about 125.00 more than it should have been though.

They have a nice product which solves some but not all of the issues upgrading to the 8.4 from the 3.0 or 5.0. But they are taking serious advantage of the situation by charging ridiculous prices.

Real cost should be about 25.00-50.00 non volume control
50.00-75.00 with volume control
And I believe they still would make a nice profit, I agree its a small market so they have to make up the R&D and startup cost, but seriously.

You don't work for them do you?

Last edited:

Bizjettech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Biz, the reason most do not like it is:

1. That all the other knobs are rotary
2. It looks cheap, at least they could have used a chrome on for some contrast.
3. Since they found a way to access the volume why did they not include the screen off, mute, and back buttons (which are not available thru SWC)
4. At 150.00 just the plastic bezel which is ridiculous, they tack on another 150.00 for a 5.00 radio shack style rocker switch, and a few wires and connectors. Grossly over priced.
5. They have been promising a rotary switch for months but WTFIT?

I'm sure I speak for most but not all of us, I bought the non volume one and I like it, I know it was priced about 125.00 more than it should have been though.

They have a nice product which solves some but not all of the issues upgrading to the 8.4 from the 3.0 or 5.0. But they are taking serious advantage of the situation by charging ridiculous prices.

Real cost should be about 25.00-50.00 non volume control
50.00-75.00 with volume control
And I believe they still would make a nice profit, I agree its a small market so they have to make up the R&D and startup cost, but seriously.

You don't work for them do you?

All good points.....and NO, I dont work for them!....LOL

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I was just kidding and perhaps a tad out of line about the shill type comment biz please accept my apology I meant no disrespect.