Ra1 radio issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elroyjets

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram 1500 Tradesman, stock radio is a ra1 but I installed a ra2 last week and tested it for a few days. I ended up putting the ra1 back in because the ra2 I think had issues ( bought it used at a flea market) I never messed with the setting that increases volume based on speed and I know it was turned off. Ever since I put the ra1 back in the volume has been fluctuating and it never did that before (getting louder at times and at times getting lower). Seems likes it's a speed based thing. Should I disconnect the negative for about 15-20mins and see if that helps or pull a fuse? Anyone experiencw this after reverting back to the stock radio?

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2013 ram 1500 Tradesman, stock radio is a ra1 but I installed a ra2 last week and tested it for a few days. I ended up putting the ra1 back in because the ra2 I think had issues ( bought it used at a flea market) I never messed with the setting that increases volume based on speed and I know it was turned off. Ever since I put the ra1 back in the volume has been fluctuating and it never did that before (getting louder at times and at times getting lower). Seems likes it's a speed based thing. Should I disconnect the negative for about 15-20mins and see if that helps or pull a fuse? Anyone experiencw this after reverting back to the stock radio?
I would have thought that was a radio only setting. Do you have AlfaOBD? You can adjust radio settings with it even if there is no menu option in the radio.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I seem to recall that there were Ram setting for worked with or without speed control.
But i thought that was for the RA 2, 3,& 4
There was a time, ( it may have been back in 2009 ), that the Chrysler radios were either Low CAN BUS or High Can Bus

All Rams & 2 models of Jeep, were the first to have High Speed Can Bus

If you were to put a Low Speed Can Bus radio in a Ram, it would not function

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357