RA3 to UAQ Upgrade - Looking for Media Hub harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tramodeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 Big Horn Crew cab. New (to me) as of almost three months ago now.

Decided to do the RA3 to UAQ swap mostly to get Android Auto. Turns out HD Radio is pretty cool too, but I didn't originally figure that into my planning!

Problem is the vendor I sourced the radio from was happy enough to sell me the radio, and the appropriate media hub. But they neglected to mention that I would need a harness to connect it, and when asked their response was 'that's your problem'.

Everything is installed and working fine, save for the media hub. Took a standard USB cable and plugged it into the UAQ USB port, with a gender changing adapter, and that at least gets me my MP3 collection back on the menu. But Android Auto does not seem to function this way.

I called another vendor who offers the UAQ for sale, and although they sell the harness as part of their kit, they will not break it out and sell it separately.

So, my questions.

1. Does Android Auto function without the Media Hub?

2. Is there another source for the Harnesses currently? I see M2Mods is currently on hiatus.

3. Alternatively, is their a source for the pins, connectors and a pinout diagram? I've built harnesses in the past, and have no problem doing so again, but not sure where to find the parts.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Congratulations on your new upgrade, 4C radios rock. Too bad you've had the experience many of us here have had with the big name company in your home state that says "we don't break our kits up", just give us $2000 or you get nothing.

1) Android Auto will not function without a connection to the upgraded media hub.

2) There may be other (unknown to me) outlets for the media hub harness but the products offered by M2Mods are far superior to anything else out there in quality, performance and tech support. @Mpgrimm2 will be back from Texas relatively soon and his product is well worth the wait.

3) Mouser or some similar company would have the pins, don't know about the connectors or a diagram.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
PM sent.
I can send you a hub harness as soon as I get back.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Tramodeus

Tramodeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm torn. Not sure which is the worse attitude..."We ain't gonna break up our kits" or "We're not going to tell you you need a harness, or even supply the harness even though we'll tell you about and sell you the hub itself". Both suck. :p

Copy that, Mike. Thanks!

akordboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm torn. Not sure which is the worse attitude..."We ain't gonna break up our kits" or "We're not going to tell you you need a harness, or even supply the harness even though we'll tell you about and sell you the hub itself". Both suck. [emoji14]

Copy that, Mike. Thanks!
This is exactly why I chose to get the UAQ off eBay, the harness from mpgrimm2 and media hub from Benny @ allmoparparts

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
DeereGuy and I appreciate the support!

M² Mods.