Ram 1500 Classic Center Console swap (need media hub)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GNiK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
I have removed the center seat and swapped it to a full console in my Ram 1500. However the Center Console I sourced was from a 2016 ram which has the old SD/USB/Aux Media hub. What is the actual part number for the correct Media Hub that looks like this one?

I already have a harness coming on the way.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MOPAR OEM Dual USB Media Hub 2017 Chrysler 200,PN 68283703AA, Dual usb .Benny at allmoparparts can hook you up on a new one .used are hard to come by .this worked with little shaving in my console for my CarPlay to work

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have removed the center seat and swapped it to a full console in my Ram 1500. However the Center Console I sourced was from a 2016 ram which has the old SD/USB/Aux Media hub. What is the actual part number for the correct Media Hub that looks like this one?

I already have a harness coming on the way.

The one that looks like that is the Jeep Compass hub part number 5XG28DX9AC.

The one for Ram in a similar form factor is this part number 68328704AC

OP
OP
G

GNiK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
Appreciated, I didn't specify but the reason I'm upgrading the hubs is for the USB's to work and for Carplay. Do both of these work and support for Carplay (My truck is a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic which already came with Carplay with the center seat) and if so, does the Compass one need to be programmed with AlfaOBD?

I saw people saying they just took out the one in the Jumpseat, which I am considering but it looks like a real PITA so unless there's an easy to remove it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Appreciated, I didn't specify but the reason I'm upgrading the hubs is for the USB's to work and for Carplay. Do both of these work and support for Carplay (My truck is a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic which already came with Carplay with the center seat) and if so, does the Compass one need to be programmed with AlfaOBD?

I saw people saying they just took out the one in the Jumpseat, which I am considering but it looks like a real PITA so unless there's an easy to remove it.
Here is a video on how you might be able to remove your current hub. It was made by @Mpgrimm2 who may also be able to answer your hub compatibility question. Your conversion might require a conversion harness which he makes and sells too.

OP
OP
G

GNiK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
Here is a video on how you might be able to remove your current hub. It was made by @Mpgrimm2 who may also be able to answer your hub compatibility question. Your conversion might require a conversion harness which he makes and sells too.

Awesome, I'll check that out. Thanks kindly! :)

OP
OP
G

GNiK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L Pentastar
That video was incredibly helpful, I saw the 3-part total and got a bit concerned that taking apart the Jumpseat would be a lot more work. However for my case, I just removed the cupholder plastic, and then remove half of the fabric on the front side so I could reach the cables to unclip the module.

Once my conversion harness is here, I should be able to just plug in play that. I also saw another thread where someone did some carving work to make it fit a bit better so I might also do that too.

Thanks everyone :)

houserco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
That video was incredibly helpful, I saw the 3-part total and got a bit concerned that taking apart the Jumpseat would be a lot more work. However for my case, I just removed the cupholder plastic, and then remove half of the fabric on the front side so I could reach the cables to unclip the module.

Once my conversion harness is here, I should be able to just plug in play that. I also saw another thread where someone did some carving work to make it fit a bit better so I might also do that too.

Thanks everyone :)

If you need any help on the console side of things let me know. I’m not an expert or anything but I did tear apart every facet of mine when I dynomatted my 2018. Actually, I tore out everything just about.