Radio swap-no heat or auto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toeknuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys. I swapped out an aftermarket stereo in my 11 1500 for a newer model. I’m pretty sure I didn’t mess around with anything else. This morning my auto headlights didn’t come on and I had no lights on my heater controls and I had no heater control except for the fan switch.
I’m planning on pulling it apart to check my connections but does anyone know if there could be something else going on with the wiring of the new stereo that could affect these functions?

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
hey guys. I swapped out an aftermarket stereo in my 11 1500 for a newer model. I’m pretty sure I didn’t mess around with anything else. This morning my auto headlights didn’t come on and I had no lights on my heater controls and I had no heater control except for the fan switch.
I’m planning on pulling it apart to check my connections but does anyone know if there could be something else going on with the wiring of the new stereo that could affect these functions?
This wont help much but years ago I had a Pioneer HU installed at a local shop (install was free with purchase so I decided to let them install it while I was at work). The next morning I noticed my heater wasn't working so I went back to the shop. The tech popped my hood and was checking the fuse panel (I was off to the side talking with another tech) 5 minutes of work and I was good to go. I wish I knew EXACTLY what he did or what was wrong but all work was done under the hood....again probably not much help but I wanted to chime in

OP
OP
Toeknuckle

Toeknuckle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Got it working. Everything looked good but I unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Though I’ll have to wait until it’s dark to confirm the heater control lighting.