Ram 1500 4wd shifting into 4wd on it's own.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstory06

Reaction score
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Took my 2022 Ram 1500 4wd to Ohio right after I bought it to pick up a new RV trailer and on my way home to South Florida, I looked down at a rest stop and noticed my truck was in 4wd High without me intitiating it. It didn't happen again until I made a u-turn a couple of months later in the Keys and the back tires made a grinding sound on the pavement. When I got to a supermarket to park, I once again saw that the truck had put it in 4wd on its own. Recently, I took the truck for its first oil change and asked the dealer to find out what's going on with the electronic transmission. They kept it from Tuesday through Fiday and couldn't get it to repeat the issue and didn't have any way to check it with any type of equipement. They used an 1/8 of a tank of my gas driving it around. I hope Ram is aware of this happening and can come up with a solution. Anyone else had this happen?