RAM 1500 5.7 Ucoonect, AC, and Window Control problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TakinYourBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all.

Recently purchased a used 2023 RAM 1500 with 26k miles.

Purchased and drove it for a week and it functioned great.

Got a job offer on the other side of the country so away I went, and about 6 hours into the trip my stereo begins power cycling on and off until it finally stayed off. I lost AC, it started blowing HOT air, and I also lost power to the front two windows in the cab.

I swear the truck was trying to cook me alive like some bad Stephen King book lol

Anyways, took it to a local dealership and they have been no help. Told me possible faulty alternator, and I agreed because my battery voltage has some variation to it (ranges between 13.5 and 14.4)

Anyways, they had it for 3 weeks and every day they said the alternator was supposed to arrive the next day.

Well, I needed my truck so I picked it up and they said they'd call me when the alternator arrived....a month ago.

Now that my rant is over...

I'm no mechanic. I have very basic knowledge. Can anyone help me diagnose the potential problem?

The stereo and all electronics in the cab will work fine at times, and it seemingly shuts off at random and I suffer the symptoms stated earlier.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
2 things I'd do to start. First verify all the fuses are pushed down in the receptacles. Second, I'd remove the battery and have it load tested. A bad battery can start the truck but still reek havoc on these trucks.

OP
OP
T

TakinYourBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll get it tested this weekend, thanks.

I checked fuses last night and made sure they were all secure and also did a computer reset by removing the negative cable for 30 minutes.

Seemed to work fine on my way to work this morning, but the problem came back over lunch